Sec defense..

S.Caralina scores +30 on Ga this past wknd..
Lsu gives up 27 to Tcu..
Georgia scores +40 on Usc..
Wsu scored +30 on AU..
So on and so on..

But, my point is.. We shouldn't be scared to play anyone in this conference! The defenses aren't what they once were.

Reactions: 3 people
I think this could be said about the league as a whole. It feels like offenses just have more of the upper hand with the incredibly fast/athletic offensive players playing in new schemes that use space better.

I think this could be said about the league as a whole. It feels like offenses just have more of the upper hand with the incredibly fast/athletic offensive players playing in new schemes that use space better.

Duck, we appreciate your input, but until you go through an SEC schedule, then you have no idea. The PAC is nowhere near a gauntlet like the SEC. Oregon is a great team, not taking anything away from you guys, but you have no idea how brutal it is to go through a conference schedule like we have. If your biggest rival is Bama and you REFUSE to take them off of the schedule no matter what (that goes both ways for both teams), then you cant understand.

the last experiment in top of SEC vs top of the Pac ..LSU vs Duck 2011. Big defense and power running ruled the day .

Don't think UT is at the 'big defense' mark yet ..but there is always 1-3 big D teams in the SEC with Bama being the most consistent.

No offense to the Ducks ...but it would be hard for them to function in the SEC week to week

Reactions: 1 person
With changes in rules and player safety being prime concern, expect scoring to keep going up.

Defense will no longer scare the O coz we will play touch football very soon!!

Actually, the board filters all caps. Nobody touched your title. What sense would that make anyway?

It wouldn't make sense, but at the same time, I've had several post's deleted that I have no clue why they would be deleted..

(One that comes to mind)

"go to bed VolNation, you're drunk"..

I posted this at 4(ish) in the morning in a thread full of nonsense..

I do apoligize kind sir:hi:

Duck, we appreciate your input, but until you go through an SEC schedule, then you have no idea. The PAC is nowhere near a gauntlet like the SEC. Oregon is a great team, not taking anything away from you guys, but you have no idea how brutal it is to go through a conference schedule like we have. If your biggest rival is Bama and you REFUSE to take them off of the schedule no matter what (that goes both ways for both teams), then you cant understand.

so true.the 4th best team in the sec would at least play for the pac 12 title.

VN Store

Back