Marci Turner W. Golf Finance

Cleo Tyson W. Track Child & Family Studies

Danyelle Vincent W. Swimming & Diving Exercise Science

Michael Wolfe M. Swimming & Diving Mechanical Engineering

Richard Wooten M. Track Business

Congratulations to all!!!

:cheer: :3cheers: :cheer:

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 28, 2005 11:24 PM
Im talking about the frosh on the football team, I recounted and got three.
[snapback]119101[/snapback]​

And the Gators only had 2. I really fail to see the point in some of your posts that are only intended to goad UT fans into an argument.

Check for yourself: SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll

I'm glad he posts. No, I don't agree with everything he says and he doesn't agree with me either, but he IS contributing and having a rival to discuss things with ( and poke fun at :p ) is a GOOD thing on a message board. Just my two cents.

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 29, 2005 10:25 AM
And the Gators only had 2.  I really fail to see the point in some of your posts that are only intended to goad UT fans into an argument.

Check for yourself: SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll
[snapback]119158[/snapback]​

Well, he got you on that one, GVille. :laugh1:

:neener:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 29, 2005 3:28 PM
I'm glad he posts. No, I don't agree with everything he says and he doesn't agree with me either, but he IS contributing and having a rival to discuss things with ( and poke fun at :p ) is a GOOD thing on a message board. Just my two cents.
[snapback]119210[/snapback]​

That's fine. But he doesn't need to be digging and pissing and then play the "Woe is me, why don't you like me?" card.

I am relatively new here, and admit it. But if he's here just to piss on our team, I could do without him. :peace: all.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 29, 2005 1:29 PM
Well, he got you on that one, GVille. :laugh1:

:neener:
[snapback]119211[/snapback]​

haha, yep...I owuld think with as good as the academics are and all (at both schools) then those #'s would be higher, but I guess not, hopefully we can get more guys on that list this year with Urban in town.

1. Ive never played this Woe is me, why dont you like me" card.
2. Im not here to "piss" on your team. I come to have some fun talking with some rivals, and enjoy some football, maybe I cant do it with you, but you wont stop me from doing it with guys (or girls:)) like LIO and Milo.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 3:36 PM
haha, yep...I owuld think with as good as the academics are and all (at both schools) then those #'s would be higher, but I guess not, hopefully we can get more guys on that list this year with Urban in town.
[snapback]119218[/snapback]​

It's not bad academics, it's the small % of freshmen players. No one has very many but 4 out of 20 for a 20% HR rate is pretty good. Here's all the schools:

Bammer-0
Ark-4
Aub-1
UGA-1
UK-0
LSU-5
OleM-3
MissSt-2
USC-3
UT-3
UF-2
Vandy-2

UF has very good academic programs. I will be down there next weekend to see my brother grad. from UF. Then I will never speak to him again! (his email addy is still AforUT though :laugh1: )

Youre right, aside from Vandy, UF probably has the best academics in the SEC. LSU with 5 is pretty good, I guess the tougher the school, the less people you get on the HR.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 4:05 PM
Youre right, aside from Vandy, UF probably has the best academics in the SEC.  LSU with 5 is pretty good, I guess the tougher the school, the less people you get on the HR.
[snapback]119229[/snapback]​

Not completely true, bammer still had none! :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Gatorville, Georgia's academics are pretty good. I'd put them up there with Florida, perhaps higher.

Florida has the most, I forget the first word, but its something schoalars, in the country, even more than harvard, but those something scholars are i guess the best of the best. UF is ranked higher in academics i believe.

Rhodes Scholars?, but that is the caliber of the students, not the program.

I wouldn't knock Florida, Georgia, UT, Auburn or Vandy. I admit I am biased, I go to UT. But that is funny about Alabama.

:dlol:

Sorry Milo, I am slow :D

I'm usually a silent observer. I like to read all of the post. I'v read several of Gatorvilles post and while I do not always agree with him/her. I think that he/she is usually very respectfull and I enjoy their post along with the rest of our VOL Nations replies.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 6:50 PM
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/r...tudoc_brief.php

In this poll, UF is ranked higher then both UT,UGA, and UA.  UF is an excellent academic U.  And I think except for Vandy, the best in teh SEC.
[snapback]119280[/snapback]​

Well, it also completely depends on the program you enter. UT's L&T (logistics & trans.) degree is top-5 in the nation (or at least was when I was there).

I compare those rankings to the PAC-10 having the most NC's in all sports. In the South we don't consider water polo and mens gymnastics "sports".

Im not talking about each program, but the U as a whole. I think the overall academics at UF are right up there with Vandy (probably a little less)

VN Store

Back