SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 29, 2005 6:34 PM
Well, it also completely depends on the program you enter.  UT's L&T (logistics & trans.) degree is top-5 in the nation (or at least was when I was there). 

I compare those rankings to the PAC-10 having the most NC's in all sports.  In the South we don't consider water polo and mens gymnastics "sports".
[snapback]119313[/snapback]​

Eh... Watcha gonna do. The California Pac-10 schools are all huge and do a lot of different sports.

Oregon State mainly. I have a lot of friends that go there. But I root a little for Oregon too, when they are not playing the Beavs.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 7:28 PM
Ahh, 17, and a mod, impressive.  Do you plan on going to UT or staying in-state.
[snapback]119340[/snapback]​

Looking to stay on the west coast. Whether that is Oregon, Washington, California or Arizona I don't know.

Or you could make the right choice and say screw the west coast, ill go to the east, with sunshine, palm trees, and plenty of beautiful women.

~*The University of Florida*~

;)

GVille, I like ya dude, but to say that UF academics are comparable to VANDY'S is ludicrous. One of my former students is a lawyer who went to Vanderbilt. He was labeled "gifted" ( and I believe he was) early in his school career and he STILL had a hard time getting in. UF would have knocked his door down had he been interested in going there. He had a perfect ACT or SAT score and ended up getting a full ride after "proving" that he "deserved" to be there. UF may be a good school, but it's no Vandy.

And milo, if you go to UF, I will NEVER speak to you again.

Yes LIO you are correct, Vandy is the #1 academic school in the SEC, but UF is #2, theres no doubt that vandy is #1 though.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 30, 2005 12:25 AM
Yes LIO you are correct, Vandy is the #1 academic school in the SEC, but UF is #2,  theres no doubt that vandy is #1 though.
[snapback]119437[/snapback]​

You got stats to back up UF being #2?? I have always perceived UF as being too much of a party school to be seriously considered as an academic power. The University of Tennessee's medical program is the best in the land and isn't too far behind in it's Education program.

I posted a link earlier in this thread that had UF ranked ahead of everyone but Vandy I believe. USAToday Poll, but Im sure there are more rankings out there.

VN Store

Back