SEC Play

Yes, she has shot way fewer free throws at UT then she did at Wake. Principally because the middle was always open at Wake, since they didn't have any players to post up !! At Tennessee, there is always someone in the lane looking to post up.
The rest of her numbers are virtually identical to her last year at Wake Forest. Especially when you take into account that her playing time dropped by almost 20% at UT.
So we know the reason that she is never going to be as effective here. She could still match her career 38 percent three point shooting, but getting to the line is not going to happen. 1.26 there is B plus effective and 1.06 here is C- effective. I think the entire reason for bringing her here was three point shooting so 32 percent is not getting it done. That is equivalent to 48 percent from the two. Even her 35.4 last season at Wake was below par of what she did her first two seasons, but it does give her 53 percent equivalent from the two. Had an eff of 46 percent there and about 43 here on all shots. Then the free throw shooting there elevated her to top ten player in the ACC.

Reactions: Rooster1
Top three finished. Not any of the teams have same non SEC schedule games.
SEC season games will be judgement for who better to worse in the SEC season. Games before tonight do not matter in SEC season standings. Some teams play cupcakes and some play harder teams. Team going to continue to keep improving if no more injury's.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Folks can break it down anyway they see fit… Tennessee controls its own destiny. No team in the SEC scares me.

LSU is not a guarantee to beat anyone. This is the same team this season that got dominated by Colorado at full strength.

LSU is in the same group with Tennessee and others like Mississippi State. They are not above anyone.

South Carolina is a step ahead of Tennessee due to having a define system and consistency. Tennessee needs to be able to stay healthy and that will result in having some good fortune/luck. The issues TN have had can happen to any team but I’m sure on this forum if any team suffers the fate TN endured with injuries the group of posters on this forum will give them the benefit of the doubt unlike they would TN.

I will bet anyone if TN stays healthy as they are now and faces LSU healthy that the LVs will win. Last season, TN could’ve beaten LSU twice. Played them close at home and beat them in the SEC tourney. That team at that point for TN was no better than they are today. It’s basically the same group. I loved watching Jordan Horston and Jordan Walker compete. They contributed and left their mark as LVs for life.
It took awhile to adjust without their leadership and skill in addition to all the injuries, yet as of now the team seems steady and ready to contend.
Last season, the free throw shooting and turnovers were devastating the team. Right now, they are ahead of the curve.
On second thought you don’t need to wake up, as I said earlier. You need to go to bed and sleep it off

Reactions: Rooster1

Game two Sunday we have Kentucky who we should beat. I was a little surprised to see them beat Arkansas we should handle them at home. Florida at Vanderbilt is an interesting game and looks like Miss St will start SEC play 0 and 2.

Game I want to see is LSU at Ole Miss that should be a physical game. Wondering is Ole Miss can score enough to win. Their offense has been wretched, but they have the defense.

Game two Sunday we have Kentucky who we should beat. I was a little surprised to see them beat Arkansas we should handle them at home. Florida at Vanderbilt is an interesting game and looks like Miss St will start SEC play 0 and 2.
Watching SEC Now last night Ark had 12 points and it was like 50 seconds left in 2nd quarter. How bad is that. Ugh. In CHRIST Alone

Game I want to see is LSU at Ole Miss that should be a physical game. Wondering is Ole Miss can score enough to win. Their offense has been wretched, but they have the defense.
No offense is bad athletic group like AU but poor shooters. In CHRIST Alone

Kentucky has played well at home. They haven't won a game on the road yet. Hopefully, that trend continues Sunday.

So, it’s very early still but a few thoughts after 2 conference games. First, there are a bunch of teams that can beat each other and it looks like a logjam for the 4-8 spots, every win is going to be important for those teams As they fight for tourney berths. I’d say SC, LSU and UT look like the top 3 again, but all three will be challenged in many games. I’m not ready to predict the order for 1-3 yet. Second, there seems like a lot of inconsistency in many teams, with Team A losing to team B, then blowing out team C who blew out team B etc etc. Weird and hard to predict outcomes with such inconsistent performances. This looks like a year with maybe 6-7 qualifiers from the conference.

Last edited:
So, it’s very early still but a few thoughts after 2 conference games. First, there are a bunch of teams that can beat each other and it looks like a logjam for the 4-8 spots, every win is going to be important for those teams As they fight for tourney berths. I’d say SC, LSU and UT look like the top 3 again, but all three will be challenged in many games. I’m not ready to predict the order for 1-3 yet. Second, there seems like a lot of inconsistency in many teams, with Team A losing to team B, then blowing out team C who blew out team B etc etc. Weird and hard to predict outcomes with such inconsistent performances. This looks like a year with maybe 6 qualifiers from the conference.
Yep. Transitive properties have not held up at all to start this season.

After this weekend, I’d rank the SEC something like this..

SC
LSU

the next 4 slots are bunched with any possibility between these teams..

UT/VD/MSU/aTm/OM

then you get the cluster of Ark/Aub/UF/Bama

then finally Ky/Mizzou/Uga

VN Store

Back