SEC position rankings: Running backs

Hello. I am the "people" you referred to and I really don't understand your question. Are you saying today's team is more respected going into this season than the '98 team was? If so, than "I" the 'people" politely disagree - especially if you look at Wins vs Lossess the past 3 years vs the 3 years leading up to the '98 National Championship.

My personal expectations of this years team is very guarded and rightly so. The entire staff is new, many of the players are new and I understand we have a whole new cheerleading squad coming in.

--------

No sane person is saying that we will win the national title by comparing to 98. Theyre saying that we could be better than expected. No one expected a great year after Peyton left.

that's half the story.

the other half is that the suggestion is that tennessee will exceed expectations in the face of such disrespect (preseason rankings and so forth).

well, in 1998, no one picked tennessee to win a national title. that's true and as such, they exceeded expectations.

however, tennessee was not disrespected entering the 1998 season by pundits out there.

VN Store

Back