SEC Tournament- A better idea

I agree with others here. I think the folks in Hoover do a great job with the SEC Tournament. From hotels to parking to tickets and everything else.

We all sit here day and night hating every team not Tennessee, but when ya go, everybody seems respectful, jokes are in good fun. If they wanna change it to single elimination to protect the health of the players, okay, but I don’t think moving to different cities is the right idea. JMO.

GBO!!!
Without reading through the whole thread I would like to see single elimination 1 plays 14 and so on. The round two highest seed gets lowest and so forth.

Reactions: VolPack22
That, & it's just a terrific way for SEC fans to enjoy each other while seeing the grratest college baseball anywhere. It's those who've NOT been to Hoover that make these inane statements about dropping the SEC BASEBALL Tournament.

Please. The tournament is completely meaningless to most of the teams---at least 8 know they're going to be in the NCAA tourney no matter how the SEC tourney turns out. Post-season tournaments are a complete waste of time and energy. You play 30--repeat 30!---conference games: That is more than enough, obviously, to determine who deserves an NCAA bid and who not. This idea that you should give an automatic bid to the tournament winner---after a 30-game regular season and when the tournament means little or nothing to most of the teams---is stupid. It's must more BS with the sole purpose of making more money.

Last edited:
Please. The tournament is completely meaningless to most of the teams---at least 8 know they're going to be in the NCAA tourney no matter how the SEC tourney turns out. Post-season tournaments are a complete waste of time and energy. You play 30--repeat 30!---conference games: That is more than enough, obviously, to determine who deserves an NCAA bid and who not. This idea that you should give an automatic bid to the tournament winner---after a 30-game regular season and when the tournament means little or nothing to most of the teams---is stupid. It's must more BS with the sole purpose of making more money.
Fine to voice an opinion
Presume you've never been to Hoover.

My opinion, they should do a pool play tournament like the ACC, and with 16 teams now they can do four 4-team pools. Everyone is guaranteed two games and the winner of each pool moves onto a single elimination semifinal and single elimination championship game.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Hoover also committed $23M for upgrades so I don’t think the tournament is going away anytime soon. They would not have invested that kind of money without assurances from the SEC imo.

When the single elimination tournament starts next season. More teams more money, the tournament is here to stay.

VN Store

Back