SEC website news Ky wins SEC- BS!

That’s because they won a right to the share last night. Could have won it out right today but they lost and we won. But I’m assuming that story has been up since last night since it has the score of the Kentucky/Vanderbilt game yesterday. Not todays

That’s because they won a right to the share last night. Could have won it out right today but they lost and we won. But I’m assuming that story has been up since last night since it has the score of the Kentucky/Vanderbilt game yesterday. Not todays
Yes but the tiebreaker should declare TN alone is champion, not the kitty cats for the reasons I stated.

We have the same SEC record as Ky and beat them 2 of 3 and have a better overall record and are number 1 seed, YET SEC WEBSITE TOP NEWS IS THAT KY WON THE SEC. This is crap.
Premature EJ this was last night after the 17-7 win over Vanderbilt and they did win a conference championship at that point but today happened and they ended up being Co Champions. Actually if splitting hairs they are second losing to us in their house.

Reactions: WillisWG
Not updated yet, I assume.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Volquest said all week that if there was a tie, head to head record determined champ. We should be lone champion

If VolQuest said that then they would be wrong or you maybe just misunderstood what they were saying. Regardless we tied for Divisional Champs and to determine who get the division's champs seeding the tiebreaker comes into play. Vols won head to head and have the tiebreaker but like I said it ONLY applies to the championship tournament.

Format.
The Conference tournament shall be a 12-team tournament that includes the two top teams from each division (as determined by winning percentage) and the next ten teams from either division with the best winning percentage in Conference play at the conclusion of the Southeastern Conference regular season. The top four seeds shall receive opening round byes. The tournament shall begin on Tuesday and conclude with a single championship game on Sunday. Games played Tuesday are single elimination, while games Wednesday through Friday shall be double elimination. The remaining four teams following Friday’s play (fourth round) shall play a single-elimination format.

Seeding.
The two division champions shall be automatically seeded number one and number two based on winning percentage in Conference competition. The remaining teams shall be seeded numbers three through twelve based on winning percentage without regard to division. Ties will be broken in the following manner:
1. Two-Team Tie. The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:
A. Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
B. If two-teams are divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost percentage within their division (over the 15-game Conference division schedule).(2) Won-lost percentage of the two teams versus the No. 1 team in their division (and proceeding through the No. 7 team, if necessary).
C. If two teams are not divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed using common opponents only (and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary).
(2) Coin flip by the Commissioner.2. Three-Team Tie (or more). The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken: (Note: If the three tied teams have three different records against each other, they shall be seeded in best-percentage order.) Otherwise, once the tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker procedure will be used.
A. If all three teams are common opponents: Total won-lost percentage of games played among the tied teams.
B. Won-lost percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary, using common opponents only.
C. If three or more teams still are tied, the Commissioner will conduct a draw.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
We have the same SEC record as Ky and beat them 2 of 3 and have a better overall record and are number 1 seed, YET SEC WEBSITE TOP NEWS IS THAT KY WON THE SEC. This is crap.
Chill out, yo. They’re just giving UK their last gasp of 15 minutes.

Reactions: feathersax
See wtf happens when you don’t close the door behind you? I blame @Volprofch05 for part of this….posting a link to the dugout… for shame and tsk, tsk, tsk.

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back