SEC website news Ky wins SEC- BS!

I don't have a problem with the SEC site wanting to give props to Kentucky for winning at least a share of the SEC Regular Season Championship. The problem with this article is that it only gives a passing notion to the possibility that Kentucky might have to share the title, and they make no mention at all, to who that co-champion might be .... nor do they mention that Tennessee still had a good chance to be the #1 seed in the SEC Tournament.

Just by reading that article, a casual fan who wasn't familiar with SEC baseball, might not know that Tennessee had won the season series with Kentucky.

Kentucky did have to play the top team in the west, Arkansas, while we played a weaker LSU team. Otherwise the SEC schedules were the same. That said I say congrats to the Vols for bouncing back from their opening series loss to Alabubba and winning a share of the title. Personally I won’t be too concerned with the SEC tournament I just want to get back to Omaha and win it all. Go VOLS !!!

Reactions: iVolSoHard
Kentucky did have to play the top team in the west, Arkansas, while we played a weaker LSU team. Otherwise the SEC schedules were the same. That said I say congrats to the Vols for bouncing back from their opening series loss to Alabubba and winning a share of the title. Personally I won’t be too concerned with the SEC tournament I just want to get back to Omaha and win it all. Go VOLS !!!
Bubba also took two from Arkansas....the SEC road can be a cruel mistress.

The article reads if it written by the UK Athletes Public Affairs folks not the SEC. Just my take.

I say let them celebrate but the key overlooked piece from the article: "More importantly, it rendered the final game of the regular season on Saturday mostly to determine if the Cats claim the league title outright or not."

Outright SEC title was theirs to win but UK being UK failed to do so.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We have the same SEC record as Ky and beat them 2 of 3 and have a better overall record and are number 1 seed, YET SEC WEBSITE TOP NEWS IS THAT KY WON THE SEC. This is crap.
I think they were a little premature with their announcement. They must have thought Kentucky would sweep Vandy and Tennessee would drop one game against South Carolina. It's okay to speculate, but they shouldn't have rushed this to print. That, or they thought Kentucky wins with identical SEC records, which would mean the reporter doesn't understand how it works.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Eh, we avoided Arkansas, A&M, and Mississippi State (West top 3). The schedule worked in our favor this year but it makes up for the BS schedule last year. We had to play #1 LSU, #2 Florida, #5 Arkansas, and #2 Vanderbilt in consecutive weeks. That was a crock of 💩. Those teams all finished 1-2 in the East and West and combined to go 78-41 in the conference. Not to mention 2 of them played for the national championship.

VN Store

Back