seeing a lot of N.C. State love from the bookies.

Now that the line is heading up to 10-10.5 on the online sites, the talking heads are now saying take N.C. and the points. and admittedly 10 is a lot. They're all talking about State's defense, but I still believe that we are gonna boat race those people.
Every time a line seems sure fire, not just in our games but everyone’s, you’re probably going to lose if you bet it.

Yep- I posted this in the other thread, but people who have been around pointspreads a few decades will know what I’m saying - when a line moves this much - this is exceedingly rare mind you - six full points in five days- it’s uncanny how often the heavy underdog gets a BS last minute back door cover- a meaningless garbage time TD against the third string.
To avoid this, UT bettors hope the Vols are up by at least 18 with the ball- in the last two minutes.

This is also the “unicorn” situation for a lot of players too- they get a shot at an exceedingly rare -more than four point -middle.
This means they have a chunk of money on the Vols - 4.5 or 5.5, and now they can put that same amount on NCSU +10.5 or 11, and they’ve got free no risk shot - and a real good shot with this big of a spread - of hitting the coveted middle - that is the Vols win by say 6. They win both bets and get a double payday without risking anything.
So with that in mind, the money will pour in very late on NCSU from those holding the original Vols -5 or 6 or whatever, and the line will stabilize and stop soaring. Hasn’t happened yet, and folks holding those early Vols tickets are drooling.
Now, will it actually middle ? Doubtful- statistically, these hitting are rare- but this spread is so big there’s about as good of a chance of it happening as possible. All that typed…. UT will probably crush them, or win by a FG.

Now that the line is heading up to 10-10.5 on the online sites, the talking heads are now saying take N.C. and the points. and admittedly 10 is a lot. They're all talking about State's defense, but I still believe that we are gonna boat race those people.
It shocks me that the Vegas bookies are trying to talk as many people as possible into betting the less popular side of the line.

It's almost like they want to balance the betting on both sides.

;)

Fuller was terrible at covering spreads as a favorite. Utterly dreadful.

Heupel is just the opposite. He usually is money (nobody is 100%) in games like this one as long as the other team hasn’t received our signals through backdoor channels.

I’d bet significant money on the Vols even at 10 to 10.5. I really liked the bet when the spread was under a TD.

Every time a line seems sure fire, not just in our games but everyone’s, you’re probably going to lose if you bet it.
Correct, Josh Hueple always says each game has its own identity. Meaning anything can happen to cause a team to get out of sync or a team to get on a roll, see Missouri last year. Also, remember we were rolling vs Bama on the road leading 20 to 7 at halftime, then the identity of the game changed we were on our heels all 2nd half, final 34 to 20 Bama.

Yep- I posted this in the other thread, but people who have been around pointspreads a few decades will know what I’m saying - when a line moves this much - this is exceedingly rare mind you - six full points in five days- it’s uncanny how often the heavy underdog gets a BS last minute back door cover- a meaningless garbage time TD against the third string.
To avoid this, UT bettors hope the Vols are up by at least 18 with the ball- in the last two minutes.

This is also the “unicorn” situation for a lot of players too- they get a shot at an exceedingly rare -more than four point -middle.
This means they have a chunk of money on the Vols - 4.5 or 5.5, and now they can put that same amount on NCSU +10.5 or 11, and they’ve got free no risk shot - and a real good shot with this big of a spread - of hitting the coveted middle - that is the Vols win by say 6. They win both bets and get a double payday without risking anything.
So with that in mind, the money will pour in very late on NCSU from those holding the original Vols -5 or 6 or whatever, and the line will stabilize and stop soaring. Hasn’t happened yet, and folks holding those early Vols tickets are drooling.
Now, will it actually middle ? Doubtful- statistically, these hitting are rare- but this spread is so big there’s about as good of a chance of it happening as possible. All that typed…. UT will probably crush them, or win by a FG.

The fact that there is a risk-free position available doesn't mean that money will pour in and people will choose to take it. Depending on how you feel about the lines, 1x payday on anything over 4.5 may still be more attractive than 2x payday but only between 4.5-10.5 even with the downside risk.

This a fascinating concept. I am not a betting man, so I have never paid much attention to any of it. The thought of how this might work had never crossed my mind. Very interesting info.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
I am not seeing this as a boat race. I feel like it will be tight until the 4th quarter and the Vols will win by like 12 or something. Believe me, I want UT to bury them by fiddy if possible!!!! I'd put my money on UT to cover.

Reactions: FBtime
I am not seeing this as a boat race. I feel like it will be tight until the 4th quarter and the Vols will win by like 12 or something. Believe me, I want UT to bury them by fiddy if possible!!!! I'd put my money on UT to cover.
I agree. I think this game is going to be closer than most of our fans think. I feel we win, but think we are in for a battle. Our offensive line needs to step up. There was way too much push into the backfield last week.

Reactions: tobybeast
Anything they can do on defense, we can do better. And our offenses are nowhere near comparable. We are better in every phase of the game and we match up better at every position. Most importantly: Vols OL >> NC St DL.... Vols DL >> NC St OL.

NC State gave up 9 TFLs against WCU. And we're supposed to think they'll have an answer for James Pearce Jr? Not happening.

We will win by at least 2 scores. I'm thinking 54-17.

Anything they can do on defense, we can do better. And our offenses are nowhere near comparable. We are better in every phase of the game and we match up better at every position. Most importantly: Vols OL >> NC St DL.... Vols DL >> NC St OL.

NC State gave up 9 TFLs against WCU. And we're supposed to think they'll have an answer for James Pearce Jr? Not happening.

We will win by at least 2 scores. I'm thinking 54-17.
Nice

You just blew my mind.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife

VN Store

Back