seeing a lot of N.C. State love from the bookies.

Now that the line is heading up to 10-10.5 on the online sites, the talking heads are now saying take N.C. and the points. and admittedly 10 is a lot. They're all talking about State's defense, but I still believe that we are gonna boat race those people.
WCU moved the ball pretty well on NC St with 2 and 3* players mostly. I just have to believe we can move the ball on them significantly better than WCU, especially with Heupel having film on them now. NC St probably left it all on the field to be able to pull away in the 4th. If we don’t protect the ball, well, could be a different story.

Reactions: walkenvol
Yep- I posted this in the other thread, but people who have been around pointspreads a few decades will know what I’m saying - when a line moves this much - this is exceedingly rare mind you - six full points in five days- it’s uncanny how often the heavy underdog gets a BS last minute back door cover- a meaningless garbage time TD against the third string.
To avoid this, UT bettors hope the Vols are up by at least 18 with the ball- in the last two minutes.

This is also the “unicorn” situation for a lot of players too- they get a shot at an exceedingly rare -more than four point -middle.
This means they have a chunk of money on the Vols - 4.5 or 5.5, and now they can put that same amount on NCSU +10.5 or 11, and they’ve got free no risk shot - and a real good shot with this big of a spread - of hitting the coveted middle - that is the Vols win by say 6. They win both bets and get a double payday without risking anything.
So with that in mind, the money will pour in very late on NCSU from those holding the original Vols -5 or 6 or whatever, and the line will stabilize and stop soaring. Hasn’t happened yet, and folks holding those early Vols tickets are drooling.
Now, will it actually middle ? Doubtful- statistically, these hitting are rare- but this spread is so big there’s about as good of a chance of it happening as possible. All that typed…. UT will probably crush them, or win by a FG.
Good info

Now that the line is heading up to 10-10.5 on the online sites, the talking heads are now saying take N.C. and the points. and admittedly 10 is a lot. They're all talking about State's defense, but I still believe that we are gonna boat race those people.
they all spoke about Iowa's defense too.

I didn't realize that NC was playing UT today...STATE ain't UNC...that's like saying that USC is located in Clodumbia, SC :eek:

I took the Vols preseason at -5.5. I'm tempted to chase that middle, but my inkling is Vols by 2 TD+. You just hardly ever have a reasonable chance at a middle like this....

VN Store

Back