Sen. Rand Paul Whips The Props Out To Go Over Costly Research Into ‘Cocaine And Risky Sex Habits Of Quail’

Also: Daily Caller
Hyper-Partisan Right
Provides Opinion; high variability in fact reliability.

Media-Bias-Chart-7.0_January-2021-Unlicensed-Social-Media_Low-Res-1.jpg

MSNBC and CNN are listed as skews left, but Fox is listed as hyper-partisan? Who ever came up with these results, were they living under a rock the last 5 years?

The quail study is a little over .000005% of Biden's proposed budget.

For relative amount we can comprehend, it is spending one nickel when you have 1 million dollars.

Reactions: Wireless1
So for half the cost of a presidential golf outing, we can study the effects of cocaine use on birds (specifically Japanese quail) that both closely mimic the courtship and mating cycles of humans and are one of the few species that will actually mate under the stress of a laboratory setting. Maybe the golf trips were wasteful spending, too.

And he also fails to go beyond the rationale of the "Lizards on Treadmills" title, as doing so takes some of the shock and schlock value away from his regular theatrical outings. Using lizards to study the link between physical activity and recovery from malaria is a much more palatable proposition than putting malaria-infected humans on treadmills for multiple hours a day while covering them with probe points.

Sen. Paul appears to have been digging deep for material, as both of these projects were from 2011 and before.
Does Godwin’s Law only apply the word “Nazi” or “but Trump” too?

I wonder how much time and money he wasted on these props to illustrate wasteful spending.

I mean he's right and all, but he kind of participated did he not

For relative amount we can comprehend, it is spending one nickel when you have 1 million dollars.
I like your logic, following it, the few thousand dollars I pay in taxes amount to less than 3% of the quail study so they won’t miss it

MSNBC and CNN are listed as skews left, but Fox is listed as hyper-partisan? Who ever came up with these results, were they living under a rock the last 5 years?

There's this neat thing called a "rubric". It is a predetermined scoring system designed to eliminate bias in the moment. That's why multiple reviewers participate as well, from across multiple viewpoints; it creates interoperator reliability.

So take solace in the fact that a rigorous processcwas used to develop the instrument and that many conservative voices have a hand in participating in the ongoing ratings process.

INCREDIBLE!
"You Can't Make This Stuff Up": Rand Paul Continues Listing Wasteful Government Spending

Ooh, Kentuckian with bad hair rants about more things he didn't read all of in attempt to stay relevant. I didn't realize there was another season of this show.

It’s blatant waste of taxpayer dollars. Most of which will barely, if ever, earn a million dollars.

It’s blatant waste of taxpayer dollars. Most of which will barely, if ever, earn a million dollars.
Of course it is. But so is the military, social programs, and foreign aid.

Why do you seem to have a problem with facts?

I rather enjoy facts. I prefer to have all of them, rather than a carefully selected portion of them. Why do you think I looked up the two specific research issues in the first post?

I rather enjoy facts. I prefer to have all of them, rather than a carefully selected portion of them. Why do you think I looked up the two specific research issues in the first post?

Then why can you not agree that these studies are a waste of money?

Then why can you not agree that these studies are a waste of money?

I never said they weren't. You read what you wanted to into what wasn't said.

My stated beef, writ clear and large, is with his brand of political theater.

VN Store

Back