Should we root for Bama or Michigan?

Should UT fans root for Bama or Michigan in today's game?

• I hate Bama! Go Michigan!

Votes: 172 66.7%
  • I love the SEC! Go Bama!

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I don't really care. May the better team win.

Votes: 52 20.2%

• Total voters
I will NEVER pull for Bama.
But wouldn't it also be funny if Michigan won after all the cheating scandal?
Yes, but extra funny if Michigan's title were stripped, in a couple of years. because of the cheating scandal.

I hate hate hate Bama, but I don’t want to be like Michigan and Ohio State or FSU where people discount a good record because you don’t play any body or at most 1or 2 respectable teams during the regular season.

I want to play and beat good teams week to week and not a schedule full of Austin Peay like teams.

I’m a Tennessee fan, not an SEC fan. Screw em all except for The Vols! Hail to the Victors! Go Michigan.

Reactions: RockytopJYB
Either way, we win. Bama wins and it shuts the idiots that hate the sec cause we are so good. Bama lose and we get to see those sheep bangers crying. Win win

Ordinarily I'd root for (1) a plague outbreak to decimate both teams, or (2) the SEC team to dominate, but I really like the idea that Saban might be forced to fade off into the sunset without another championship game, so Go Blue!

Michigan will take it all and vacate it in the cheating scandal.

I stopped watching after the end of our game. Football season was over at that point.

Outside of Tennesee, I root for Michigan. But of course, no one compares to Tennessee. My metric is that I want whatever result is best for my vols. Alabama losing is probably best.
I'm thinking a Bama win would give the Tide a higher ranking next year, which would benefit UT with strength-of-schedule. Otoh, a Bama win would boost their recruiting.

Reactions: screenthis
Here's the formula I finally came up with, that I think is gonna work for me:

If it's a blowout, I want Bama to absolutely embarrass Michigan.

But if it's a close game, if no one is getting embarrassed, I want Michigan to beat the Gumps.

I can't fully explain the nuances of it, but this feels very satisfying to me, either way.

Heh.

Go Vols!
This works for me.

Michigan.

I don’t know why any Vol fan would ever root for Alabama, Georgia, Florida, or pretty much any of these other SEC clowns. Heck, I even saw a few folks pulling for Lane Kiffin against Penn State. This is insanity. The SEC loyalty stuff is crap. The rest of the SEC can get bent.

VN Store

Back