Show me.

crazyguy

Offense U
Many of us feel like we've been through this before with the Dooley hire. Just because we believe that this coach is far beneath the standards that Tennessee should be hiring does not make us "true fans." Following the football team blindly is what allows a team to keep a coach like dooley and then hire a butch jones. Fans should complain. If Hart and the leadership of UT don't feel any heat, then nothing will change. It's time for UT to act like the traditional power that it is and quit hiring average coaches. I'm not jumping on board with this hire just because a school that I cheer for made it. This time, I want to see something first. Dave Hart, you'd better have an awfully good explanation for screwing this crap up. You claimed that this was your expertise...well, I can claim to be the next peyton manning...but i'm not going to be backing that up anytime soon. If this goes down- it's time for some changes at the top.

Many of us feel like we've been through this before with the Dooley hire. Just because we believe that this coach is far beneath the standards that Tennessee should be hiring does not make us "true fans." Following the football team blindly is what allows a team to keep a coach like dooley and then hire a butch jones. Fans should complain. If Hart and the leadership of UT don't feel any heat, then nothing will change. It's time for UT to act like the traditional power that it is and quit hiring average coaches. I'm not jumping on board with this hire just because a school that I cheer for made it. This time, I want to see something first. Dave Hart, you'd better have an awfully good explanation for screwing this crap up. You claimed that this was your expertise...well, I can claim to be the next peyton manning...but i'm not going to be backing that up anytime soon. If this goes down- it's time for some changes at the top.

The biggest problem he faces fixing is talent. We don't have SEC level talent, and he's never recruited at this level to do so. If he puts together a decent staff, he can win some by year 3, and maybe 8-9 games, if he gets all the breaks. I don't think he lasts 4 years coaching, and we start this all over again.

I don't think he'll ever be able to pull the talent, and he's gotta out recruit everyone else to catch up. This is the exact conversation we were having when dooley was hired!

The biggest problem he faces fixing is talent. We don't have SEC level talent, and he's never recruited at this level to do so. If he puts together a decent staff, he can win some by year 3, and maybe 8-9 games, if he gets all the breaks. I don't think he lasts 4 years coaching, and we start this all over again.

I don't think he'll ever be able to pull the talent, and he's gotta out recruit everyone else to catch up. This is the exact conversation we were having when dooley was hired!

You do realize we're doing pretty well in recruiting currently don't you? We're still in on a lot of big names as well

I'm as optimistic as anyone and absolutely believe that coach jones will have us back to being a powerhouse. That being said, signing day is a long way off. That old saying of "don't count your chickens before they hatch" applies here.

His opinion is still valid.....Butch hasn't won a SEC game yet. Stupid bump that proved nothing. Now if he did it after the season while butch won 8+ games. It would make sense.

His opinion is, "I don't think he'll be able to pull the talent."

Please explain why that is still valid.

His opinion is, "I don't think he'll be able to pull the talent."

Please explain why that is still valid.

While our current commit list is outstanding, it is just that-- a commit list. We'll know his closing power for sure after NSD.*

(* Note: I think we'll end up with an excellent class and personally feel like CBJ will close well. It's just that now is not yet the time for "Don't you feel stupid" bumps.)

Reactions: 2 people
While our current commit list is outstanding, it is just that-- a commit list. We'll know his closing power for sure after NSD.*

(* Note: I think we'll end up with an excellent class and personally feel like CBJ will close well. It's just that now is not yet the time for "Don't you feel stupid" bumps.)

Weak

He beat Vandy/Franklin while at Cincy in a bowl game.

Well played. :clapping:

arod-owned-by-tek.jpg

VN Store

Back