Show me.

His opinion was Butch wouldn't pull in the talent. Our #1 ranking pretty much destroys that opinion. Not sure why you are arguing about winning games, when the quotes that were bumped was about talent/recruiting.

One of the main reasons we are number one is because we have more commitment then any other school. Of course we are number one we have like 15 recruits while everyone else has like 10?

Do you honestly think teams like FSU, Florida, LSU, Bama, A&M and Texas arnt going to fill their squad up with 4 and 5 star players by the end of the year?

And none of these players have signed. So basically you're just going by a 17 year olds word. Which changes on a weekly basis.

I'm a pro Butch.....but don't try to blow smoke up my a$$.

Last edited:
Um, he beat an SEC team with a Big East team. Tell me how that's not even more relevant.

Don't try to change the subject.

I said he hasn't won a SEC game, you guys said he beat Vandy while he was a Cincy. That isn't an SEC game.

One of the main reasons we are number one is because we have more commitment then any other school. Of course we are number one we have like 15 recruits while everyone else has like 10?

Do you honestly think teams like FSU, Florida, LSU, Bama, A&M and Texas arnt going to fill their squad up with 4 and 5 star players by the end of the year?

And none of these players have signed. So basically your just going by a 17 year olds word. Which changes on a weekly basis.

We have 14, one is unranked so we basically have 13. One is a kicker, so that is one of your 3*. There is a good chance at least 4 of our current commits gets bumped sometime this year, with 1 being a 5*. You even realize how many 4* or higher kids we lead for right now?

Name which player you think is gonna flip that is currently committed?

I said he hasn't won a SEC game, you guys said he beat Vandy while he was a Cincy. That isn't an SEC game.

You can only beat who you play, and beating an SEC team with a Big East team makes the point moot? Um, ok.

:crazy:

And for the record, no one is arguing that it IS an SEC game. It's all we've got to go by other than the fact that Cinci lost to UT earlier in the year to a much different UT team.

We have 14, one is unranked so we basically have 13. One is a kicker, so that is one of your 3*. There is a good chance at least 4 of our current commits gets bumped sometime this year, with 1 being a 5*. You even realize how many 4* or higher kids we lead for rightnow?

Name which player you think is gonna flip that is currently committed?

I hope none of them do. But you cant go by the 2014 class yet. And the 2013 was meh.

I was just defending the OP when he said "Butch hasn't proved anything"

When he hasn't really.....hopefully that will change this year.

So Cincy vs Vandy Is an SEC game now?

.......ok

Vandy IS an SEC team. And Cincy, not an SEC team, beat them.

So if your point is to say that Butch can't beat SEC teams, there is proof that you are wrong.

Yes, Butch also lost to a far more talented team at UT the same year. Remember though, it took Dooley into overtime to beat Vandy and Butch did it in regulation, with far less talent than Dooley had at his disposal.

So, before Butch coaches his first game in the SEC, he is batting .500 against the SEC. Not bad with a big east team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I hope none of them do. But you cant go by the 2014 class yet. And the 2013 was meh.

Link?

Don't you hate it when you hastily pick the dumbass side of an argument, and when you realize it your pride won't allow you to admit it, so you try and try and try and try to come up with an angle that makes it no longer the dumbass side, but the only thing accomplished is being a dumbass?

Don't you just hate that!

Reactions: 4 people
Vandy IS an SEC team. And Cincy, not an SEC team, beat them.

So if your point is to say that Butch can't beat SEC teams, there is proof that you are wrong.

Yes, Butch also lost to a far more talented team at UT the same year. Remember though, it took Dooley into overtime to beat Vandy and Butch did it in regulation, with far less talent than Dooley had at his disposal.

So, before Butch coaches his first game in the SEC, he is batting .500 against the SEC. Not bad with a big east team.

When did I say Butch couldn't beat an SEC team? I said he hasn't won a SEC game?

So if you want to keep arguing.....have fun.

Because my statement was true.

When did I say Butch couldn't beat an SEC team? I said he hasn't won a SEC game?

So if you want to keep arguing.....have fun.

Because my statement was true.

You have created a distinction with no difference.

I think you are saying that Butch hasn't beaten an SEC team WITH an SEC team, and that is somehow more important than beating an SEC team WITHOUT an SEC team.

Isn't what you are wanting, and what I am saying, the same? That is simply that we both want Butch to beat SEC teams.

Good news, he has. In fact, he beat an SEC team that has given our recent teams a fit, with talent far less than has been on our roster.

Isn't that a real distinction?

Don't you hate it when you hastily pick the dumbass side of an argument, and when you realize it your pride won't allow you to admit it, so you try and try and try and try to come up with an angle that makes it no longer the dumbass side, but the only thing accomplished is being a dumbass?

Don't you just hate that!

Not really.....again I never said he hasn't/couldn't beat an SEC team.

Just that he hasn't won a SEC game yet.

If you guys want to keep arguing or act like I'm wrong for saying that. Then idk what to tell you.

I say a lot of wrong things. But "Butch hasn't won an SEC game". Is 100% true.

Still waiting on the link to that statement. :hi:

You have created a distinction with no difference.

I think you are saying that Butch hasn't beaten an SEC team WITH an SEC team, and that is somehow more important than beating an SEC team WITHOUT an SEC team.

Isn't what you are wanting, and what I am saying, the same? That is simply that we both want Butch to beat SEC teams.

Good news, he has. In fact, he beat an SEC team that has given our recent teams a fit, with talent far less than has been on our roster.

Isn't that a real distinction?

"That guy would die in a gun fight."

"He killed a gunman with his bare hands."

"Yah? Well I never said he hadn't. I just said he would die in a gun fight."

<rolleyes>

It's tragic and sad to see someone try to recover from dumb using semantics that defeat their original intent. CBJ will do just fine.

Not really.....again I never said he hasn't/couldn't beat an SEC team.

Just that he hasn't won a SEC game yet.

If you guys want to keep arguing or act like I'm wrong for saying that. Then idk what to tell you.

I say a lot of wrong things. But "Butch hasn't won an SEC game". Is 100% true.

Your original statement was questioning CBJ's ability to coach against SEC talent. So, while your statement may have been technically true, the point was proven false. Worse for you, it was proven false in that he beat SEC talent with inferior talent. Semantics are the last refuge of someone who has just realized they tried to make an asinine point.

VN Store

Back