si.com's Preseason Bowl Projections...

I see that side as well, but when you are breaking even or even losing money to play in a bowl game after you factor in bonuses, asst's pay, travel expenses, etc. then it no longer becomes viable. If you have never been to a bowl game at this point, get the hell out of D1 football. I just don't see the appeal to a school like MTSU who's best shot at going to a bowl involves winning the Sun Belt, at which point they can only play in the New Orleans bowl. How many R+L NOLA trophies do you really need? There is one trophy in CFB, the crystal ball, and if you aren't chasing that then WTF are you doing?

Very few teams make any money playing in a bowl game. But most schools look at is as a promotional expense that's worth the cost.

I definitely think that there are too many bowls. Bowl games simply don't mean anything. They are nothing more than product for ESPN to sell during the holidays. But I don't think the schools have a problem with that. So I think we're likely to see more bowls, not less.

Have friends and family in Memphis so a trip to watch em play would be good for me. However if they snag something better that would work also.

I would hope for a better bowl than Liberty, but I'd go watch them play the Herd!! I grew up in Knoxville a Vol fan but ended up in WV and went to Marshall.

I see that side as well, but when you are breaking even or even losing money to play in a bowl game after you factor in bonuses, asst's pay, travel expenses, etc. then it no longer becomes viable. If you have never been to a bowl game at this point, get the hell out of D1 football. I just don't see the appeal to a school like MTSU who's best shot at going to a bowl involves winning the Sun Belt, at which point they can only play in the New Orleans bowl. How many R+L NOLA trophies do you really need? There is one trophy in CFB, the crystal ball, and if you aren't chasing that then WTF are you doing?

MTSU is not in the Sun Belt.

idc what bowl it is... we need a bowl win bad!!! This drought for a bowl win is killing me!!

VN Store

Back