SIAP: Josh Pates Names His Top 5 College Football Stadium Atmospheres

Oregon is loud but I wouldn’t say louder than Neyland.

The Swamp in its heyday was incredibly loud too. Out of the SEC stadiums I have been too, it was the only other place I have been to that was comparable.
Yeah, I’ve heard horror stories about the swamp and their fans.

I don’t recall his name, but a Gator said his jersey vibrated when the crowd erupted after Kent got lit up by Lawrence Wright.

TN was up by 15 but nothing went right after that play, with Florida thrashing TN 62-37.

Go Vols!

The Swamp in its heyday was incredibly loud too. Out of the SEC stadiums I have been too, it was the only other place I have been to that was comparable.
I’ve never been to the Swamp and don’t plan to change that fact.

The swamp was insane during the Spurirer yrs. The Swamp erupted after Lawrence Wright lit up Joey Kent. Manning threw if o e the middle on a third and 13 play. Kent caught it but then Wright made a vicious hit. I think it was the game in 1997 as we were up by 16. Then Florida went on a tear after that hit and ei on a pass play in the middle of the field in 1996. We had a lead but gave it way, eventually losing in the monsoon 52-37.

I recall a player saying he saw his jersey moved after that hit as the crowd noise was deafening. Also,

I never will forget the 1995 game in the Swamp. We were up 15 but things began going downward for Manning and his Vols after Lawrence Wright lit up Joey Kent on a pass across the middle.

Supposedly Kent’s mouth piece flew out causing him to bite a hole in his tongue. Also, a Vol player said his jersey vibrated after the crowd erupted. I don’t know if either are embellishments or factual, but it was a vicious hit and the crowd went insane.

Yeah, I’ve heard horror stories about the swamp and their fans.

I don’t recall his name, but a Gator said his jersey vibrated when the crowd erupted after Kent got lit up by Lawrence Wright.

TN was up by 15 but nothing went right after that play, with Florida thrashing TN 62-37.

Go Vols!

I’ve never been to the Swamp and don’t plan to change that fact.

The swamp was insane during the Spurirer yrs. The Swamp erupted after Lawrence Wright lit up Joey Kent. Manning threw if o e the middle on a third and 13 play. Kent caught it but then Wright made a vicious hit. I think it was the game in 1997 as we were up by 16. Then Florida went on a tear after that hit and ei on a pass play in the middle of the field in 1996. We had a lead but gave it way, eventually losing in the monsoon 52-37.

I recall a player saying he saw his jersey moved after that hit as the crowd noise was deafening. Also,

I never will forget the 1995 game in the Swamp. We were up 15 but things began going downward for Manning and his Vols after Lawrence Wright lit up Joey Kent on a pass across the middle.

Supposedly Kent’s mouth piece flew out causing him to bite a hole in his tongue. Also, a Vol player said his jersey vibrated after the crowd erupted. I don’t know if either are embellishments or factual, but it was a vicious hit and the crowd went insane.
Don’t go. It smells and the people there are incredibly rude. Only place in the SEC where I have seen two home fans get in a fist fight.

VN Store

Back