Signing Day thread...

Agree - eventually there will be a reconciliation between the financial impact of the association with the various businesses. There is no way some of these deals are making that much money for the business. And there is also the wildcard - being associated with someone who well, does something that impacts the image of the business followed by the business walking away.

It is all crazy right now. They are taking chances on players who may end up sitting on the bench and never making an impact. There is the expectation this will make money for the businesses as well.

When they figure out that most consumers are not going to buy something because an athlete tells them to, the price point will change. They are banking on some of these players being able to transform into a Manning, Brady, etc. Most will not.
I'm wondering what the boosters who used to pay players got from that deal, though they did it for years? Some say control or a voice. That didn't work well for us when boosters meddled in hiring coaches, etc.

NIL should be unsustainable but if it comes down to "we can't compete in the SEC without these kinds of deals" I don't see it slowing down.

If you'd told me 30yrs ago that UT would receive $50M/year for TV rights, I'd have thought you were crazy. And it is crazy but it's reality.

I see where the NCAA has sent a letter to Michigan list recruiting violations. We don't need any more of those . ( think we are making progress in building our program and . hopefully , doing it without having to go through any more NCAA problems. I, for one, am satisfied with the progress we are making. It just takes a little time to get it done. We are improving and will to do so. We got a lot of very good talent the last two years.
Oh I definitely agree and I’m not saying CJH is not recruiting well at this point in his career, it’s just Tennessee alone should be no less than too 5 but I’m very biased towards us.

VN Store

Back