Smokey's uniform

the grey uniform is ugly regardless if they were worn years ago.there is a reason they dont wear them anymore.

They didn't wear them anymore because the orange flowers started growing on The Hill. I think they look great. We should wear them for the game that is always closest to Halloween. Remember what those black jerseys did?

Reactions: 1 person
Alternate uniforms are a gimmick and they have accomplished nothing. Now all you hear on the radio is that the helmet does not match. Face it, football is not as important as fashion is to our fashionista fanbase. No one is ever happy with anything other than their own ideas.

Alternate uniforms are a gimmick and they have accomplished nothing. Now all you hear on the radio is that the helmet does not match. Face it, football is not as important as fashion is to our fashionista fanbase. No one is ever happy with anything other than their own ideas.

So you don't like the uniform?

So you don't like the uniform?

Actually, I am very pleased with the smokey color. But my point is that this is still a gimmick and people are still moaning and groaning about what they perceive as some kind of imperfection with it. Sort of makes the change pointless. They could have been just as unhappy with our traditional uniforms.

And this alternate uniform is the headline now, but it is only a headline until the next college team comes out with their new alternate uniform.

I also checked several media outlets outside of the Tennessee market today and did not see anything on the alternates, which was a surprise to me. I am glad that the recruits are getting the message through the message boards, etc.

You're entitled to your opinion of them, but I (and many others) could care less about your opinion against the jerseys when recruits all over the nation (and our current players) really like them.

** if you are a 5 star elite recruit I might have to edit my post

I do not like these uniforms either. It just isn't my cup of tea. However, I have never seen a uniform Tennessee's football team has worn that I really liked. I personally prefer a lot of the uniforms that the NFL has produced over the years. Not all, but most. Once Nike gets through making changes, I may not be thrilled with many looks.

I am happy they are making a change, because sooner or later, I hope they finally give the Vols a look that truly pops. Over the next few months, I hope they grow on me a little. It takes time to digest such things.

However, it doesn't matter if I or any other fan thinks. The feedback from players and recruits has been very positive. And if these individuals are happy with the changes, I am glad they are doing it. I am a fan of the Vols, not a pile of clothing. If it gives our current players a confidence boost to wear these uniforms, they deserve it. This years seniors have played at Tennessee through some very hard years. They deserve to walk onto the field in a uniform that has not, in recent history, been associated with losing. And if it helps a valued recruit decide he can see himself wearing these uniforms, so much the better.

I predict that if team 117 wins in these new look uniforms, many of the naysayers will come around. And if they don't, let them come to the games in 70's disco outfits like leisure suits, 60's bell bottom pants, or some other old dead fashion. It's called the future. Roll with it, because recent history has not been pretty.

csmphoto503542.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Seems everyone outside of the fan base thinks the same thing about our orange. Were doomed

They're just mad because they know their school has colors that are used by multiple other schools in some fashion. That, or they're Bammer fans.

I knew as soon as this thread was created all the old guys would get their panties in a wad over the grey uniforms.

Last time I was at a South Carolina game in knoxville on a wet Halloween night on a uniform change we kicked some a**. Now, I was totally pumped when they came running out of the tunnel in those black jerseys. And for your info, those screaming fans that were there loved it too.

the grey uniform is ugly regardless if they were worn years ago.there is a reason they dont wear them anymore.

You are part of the 20% of fans that think these new uniforms are ugly. I was sitting around chatting with about 7 guys at work yesterday, discussing the new uniforms (all UT fans BTW and all 50 and under). Every single one of us were stoked about the new unis. In walks the 65 year old timer, who starts b!tching about the gray. We all laughed after he came down off his soapbox. You may or may not be older than 65 my friend, but you are in the minority. You and any others who have a problem with these uniforms need to get over it, and go rub some ointment on your manginas. You guys are no bigger UT fans than any of the rest of us, just UT fans with worse taste. BTW, outside of UT fans, the new uniforms are a hit. Not this matters to me personally, but it matters to recruits considering UT. New day, new dawn brother. Jones is starting his own tradition, and I for one love it!

However, I have never seen a uniform Tennessee's football team has worn that I really liked.

Wow! Really? Strong words. I think our home uniforms with Orange jerseys are the best in college football.

However, I have never seen a uniform Tennessee's football team has worn that I really liked.

Wow! Really? Strong words. I think our home uniforms with Orange jerseys are the best in college football.

Didn't say that I didn't like our jerseys. Simply pointing out that the gray unis were pretty sweet and a majority of UT fans agree. I personally like having a few different combinations.

Sorry, just read last paragraph. Just noticed it wasn't directed at me. My apologies.

Smokey is fine just the way he is. Leave him alone. What needs to be updated is the T on the overlay of the band uniforms. It needs to be changed to the power T instead of the block T. As a former member of The Pride I think the whole band uniform needs an update. Since UT has now added the Smokey color maybe they can change the black uniforms to the Smokey to bring out the orange and white overlay.

VN Store

Back