So I guess Saban will get the Neyland Award now, right?

I dislike losing to Saban as much as anyone - and I really can’t stand Bama fans and how they derive their self worth from their football team-
But Saban is actually a really cool dude and is very arguably one of the best college football coaches to have ever done the job.

I dislike losing to Saban as much as anyone - and I really can’t stand Bama fans and how they derive their self worth from their football team-
But Saban is actually a really cool dude and is very arguably one of the best college football coaches to have ever done the job.
I don't care how cool he is, he coached Bama. I hate all things Bama. Thus Saban gets it too. I had no problem with him at LSU. Now, I had no issue with DeBoer, but now he's gonna get the same treatment as Saban. It's all because he's a Bama.

Don’t hate the player (coach), hate the game. I hate losing period. We did that a lot against Saban so I don’t like our record against him but you got to give him his props. He did what he was paid to do and did it well. I would rather get beat by a great coach than to say we hate Vandy because they have outcoached us 16 out of the last 17 games.

Deservedly so.
Y’all don’t have to simp for him, he’s not gonna sleep with you.

Smh at some of these vol fans bowing down to Nick. He’s the best cheater in college football history. He condones hitting women as long as you’re a good player and can help him win games. He’s a cheap ass who will have a $500 meal and not leave a tip. He’s a liar. He’s scum.

Nick doesn’t deserve anything with the the name Neyland on it.

The man knows how to win.
It took a near-perfect Hendon Hooker and Hyatt getting behind their safeties consistently to beat his team.
The entire state of Alabama is a front to enable the football team to excel by any means needed short of murder. I actually and grudgingly respect that.
We complain they cheated for decades, and they did, but they dominated the best conference in cfb for 40 of the last 60 years.
Saban is the best of all-time. Their system produced the two greatest CFB coaches of all time.

Don’t hate the player (coach), hate the game. I hate losing period. We did that a lot against Saban so I don’t like our record against him but you got to give him his props. He did what he was paid to do and did it well. I would rather get beat by a great coach than to say we hate Vandy because they have outcoached us 16 out of the last 17 games.

When you know how to buy players and get away with it, exactly how good are you? To me, the BEST Coaches beat you with less talent. Saban NEVER had less talent after his first year, AMAZINGLY bringing in the Top Class following a losing season; and mostly the top class every year thereafter. THAT'S How you own the record of 1st Round draft picks. It's not the Arrow, it's the Indian. Ask Steve Spurrier about Saban. He came right out and said Saban was cheating........(Back in the day, naturally He won't say it now)

Agree. Hating someone for nothing more than being successful because the fan base is an insufferable, arrogant bunch of empty life losers makes no sense. I hated to see him go, because CFB (or any sport) is lessened when the legends of the game pass on.

The TSIO, if it even lasts beyond this season, won't quite be the same - I was there when we beat Bryant in his last season in '82, and I was very much hoping to do the same this year with Saban.

Saban has never had a defense that was never scored upon. He don't deserve anything named Neyland.

Exactly. However, I think we know the Neyland Committee will do their usual Feel Good about themselves thing......The ? is, who couldn't win with bama's talent? UGA has...

Based on some of the posts here, if some of you lived in Tide Land as I do now, (the beach makes it tolerable), your heads would explode at the local media coverage on Saban. You would have thought the AL Pope died or something. Its unbelievable.

Smh at some of these vol fans bowing down to Nick. He’s the best cheater in college football history. He condones hitting women as long as you’re a good player and can help him win games. He’s a cheap ass who will have a $500 meal and not leave a tip. He’s a liar. He’s scum.

Won't it be such a surprise for you when he gets it. Because he will and according to the long list of coaches selected before him, he is certainly deserving.

Try pouting. That might turn the Tide in your favor.

Won't it be such a surprise for you when he gets it. Because he will and according to the long list of coaches selected before him, he is certainly deserving.

Tull was one of my favorite 70's bands. Got to see them live 3 times, awesome shows.

Reactions: tbh and VolTull

I saw Tull on my 18th birthday at MSG (some of which in featured on the Live - Bursting Out record) - what a great show.

I saw Tull on my 18th birthday at MSG (some of which in featured on the Live - Bursting Out record) - what a great show.
Marin Barre tours regularly without Ian and does a hell of a good "Tull" show. Anderson walked in one day unannounced and dumped the then existing band. 😪 Always could be a selfish prick when he chose.

Reactions: sami
Arguably one of the best? Wow, hot take!

Envious much?

When you know how to buy players and get away with it, exactly how good are you? To me, the BEST Coaches beat you with less talent. Saban NEVER had less talent after his first year, AMAZINGLY bringing in the Top Class following a losing season; and mostly the top class every year thereafter. THAT'S How you own the record of 1st Round draft picks. It's not the Arrow, it's the Indian. Ask Steve Spurrier about Saban. He came right out and said Saban was cheating........(Back in the day, naturally He won't say it now)
So Freeze is the best coach of all time? Beat Bama back to back seasons and almost did again this season. With lesser talent.

Pretty ignorant take really. And lazy. The best coaches take the players they have and somehow convince those players to run through a wall for them. Win or lose. In turn, the best coaches will bend over backwards to help the players who run through walls for them. Win or lose. It’s a very symbiotic relationship and Saban is the best to ever do it.

To not acknowledge that is just stupid. Regardless of who you pull for on Saturdays.

VN Store

Back