Some Things I Believe

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Just a few random ruminations about my beliefs:

1) Leadership is influence and everything rises and falls on leadership. Butch is the consummate leader as I believe we have witnessed in his brief tenure. Our team will reflect the fact that we actually have a leader now.

2) This team will not quit.

3) Revising my prediction to 7-5, with 8th win coming in a bowl.

4) Our defense will be the surprise of the league and the reason we win 7 in the regular season.

5) Devrin will house 2 punts this year.

6) Palardy will punt all year, but DB will be the FG kicker by the 3rd game.

7) Big Dan will be 1st round pick.

8) Tiny will be a first team AA and will be celebrated on Sports Center after he dominates Clowney (again).

9) Randolph will either be 1st or 2nd team all SEC

10) Worley will struggle with interceptions.

11) Sutton will have a pick 6, his level of play will have him talked about as a future star.

12) Vols will play UGA and Bama very close losing by a TD or less.

13) Marlin Lane will destroy USCjr, going over 135 yds. (had a dream).

14) Vols will destroy Vandy and convincingly beat the Barn.

Reactions: 12 people

1) Leadership is influence and everything rises and falls on leadership. Butch is the consummate leader as I believe we have witnessed in his brief tenure. Our team will reflect the fact that we actually have a leader now.

4) Our defense will be the surprise of the league and the reason we win 7 in the regular season.

8) Tiny will be a first team AA and will be celebrated on Sports Center after he dominates Clowney (again).

11) Sutton will have a pick 6, his level of play will have him talked about as a future star.

#10 better be early or #3 ain't happening

Reactions: 1 person
Why can't I have dreams about football games? It's be so much more entertaining.

Reactions: 1 person

I believe rexvol went to a revival recently and is a born again posivol. :good!:

That said, I agree with the general sentiment and prediction of 7-5.

Agree for the most part especially the first two, but not #5,#6 & #10 better not happen or Peterman will be the starter.

What are you thinking as the other 3 losses outside of UGA and Bama?

IMHO, these are the potential 7th wins in order of likelihood:

USCe
Aub
UGA
UF
OR
Bama

However I think Oregon will tell us a lot about Jones' ability to coach.

The most impressive game IMO that Kiffin coached at UT was his trip to UF. He outcoached Meyer and it frustrated him iincredibly. Meyer even whined about it after the game.

If he wins it or keeps in competitive then that will indicate a very good coach.

I wasn't so sure about this until I saw you had a dream. I'm in on this now. Has to be true.

Very nice......I can live with those predictions for a first year coach taking over a team with no previous formal training in football :good!:

I can roll with this. 7-5 is my prediction too and hoping that Worley has limited picks.

USCe
Aub
UGA
UF
OR
Bama

The most impressive game IMO that Kiffin coached at UT was his trip to UF. He outcoached Meyer and it frustrated him iincredibly. Meyer even whined about it after the game.

If he wins it or keeps in competitive then that will indicate a very good coach.

South Carolina is a more likely win than Auburn?

Only in an alternate universe.

USCe
Aub
UGA
UF
OR
Bama

i am not sure i agree with this...i thought the entire game was coached just not to get blown out for the sake of recruiting and there was never a gameplan to win and we never took a risk on anything we just played to shorten the game even down 17 we weren't throwing or taking any shots...without the rare tebow fumble in the redzone that game was 31-7 instead of 24-14 and that game looks a lot different

South Carolina is a more likely win than Auburn?

Only in an alternate universe.

My questions with Auburn are coaching. By some magic, they continued to recruit well in spite of their coaching issues. I am giving Malzahn maybe too much credit... we'll see.

I have looked at USCe's roster. They have as many thin spots as UT. They have a few areas where they look to be weak.

I think both of these teams will be surprises. If Malzahn is a good coach which I think he is... they'll be better than expected. I think USCe is overrated right now and will miss their O playmakers and D losses much more than anyone anticipates right now.

VN Store

Back