Somebody Better Call The Berry Boys

Come on Evan and Elliot.....continue the Berry legacy! Really want both in orange....and I really think it happens soon!

Some of you people need to take a xanex or some sort of anxiety medication. Look we all want the Berry brothers to be here. Guess what, if they want to be here, they will be. Zero chance Butch "passes" on these two even if thy wait until signing day. Pretty sure he knows what he is doing right now. 22 recruits and counting and we haven't even reached the season yet. Settle down and enjoy the ride. Take a deep breath and let the man drive the ship. We have been through rough waters but Butch is navigating us in what seems like the right direction. We may still see a few storms but our captain is righting the ship. Butch!! Let the man drive

Reactions: 5 people
Some of you people need to take a xanex or some sort of anxiety medication. Look we all want the Berry brothers to be here. Guess what, if they want to be here, they will be. Zero chance Butch "passes" on these two even if thy wait until signing day. Pretty sure he knows what he is doing right now. 22 recruits and counting and we haven't even reached the season yet. Settle down and enjoy the ride. Take a deep breath and let the man drive the ship. We have been through rough waters but Butch is navigating us in what seems like the right direction. We may still see a few storms but our captain is righting the ship. Butch!! Let the man drive

Idk, I'm petty high on Klonopin and still feel nervous

Dogs are cool. I'm not so sure the Berry twins are. If they were going to commit I think they would have by now. It would be hard to be better than the best DB that has ever played the game at UT so they have a hard legacy to live up to.

I hope they commit, but something inside tells me they're going elsewhere.

This. Same reasoning why Eli didn't lace up his orange shoelaces and follow in Peyton's footsteps.

For some reason I get the feeling that Evan will be a Vol but Elliot is considering somewhere else, probably LSU, possibly UGA. Evan is more highly ranked and has the self-confidence to want to be considered in the same category as Eric. Elliot seems not to have that same confidence and might be concerned with a comparison. Not as good, the same or better, each one can contribute to the Vols. If Elliot comes to The Hill he will share a much bigger spotlight as one of the twins than he would ever get elsewhere. That extra attention would be of great benefit to him, both during and after his college playing days. We covet both and it would be to the advantage of both to play together.

For some reason I get the feeling that Evan will be a Vol but Elliot is considering somewhere else, probably LSU, possibly UGA. Evan is more highly ranked and has the self-confidence to want to be considered in the same category as Eric. Elliot seems not to have that same confidence and might be concerned with a comparison. Not as good, the same or better, each one can contribute to the Vols. If Elliot comes to The Hill he will share a much bigger spotlight as one of the twins than he would ever get elsewhere. That extra attention would be of great benefit to him, both during and after his college playing days. We covet both and it would be to the advantage of both to play together.

Zero chance they dont play together.

sources say that they are on campus for the weekend and are suppose to announce any time! this class is already so damn good!

Last edited:
This. Same reasoning why Eli didn't lace up his orange shoelaces and follow in Peyton's footsteps.

Partially true, I'm sure. But I also figure following Dad at Ole Miss trumped following Peyton to UT. Cutcliff being the HC just sealed the deal IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Partially true, I'm sure. But I also figure following Dad at Ole Miss trumped following Peyton to UT. Cutcliff being the HC just sealed the deal IMO.

This.^^

Berry twins' dad and brother both played here. Eli's dad played for Ole Miss. Peyton is the one that made the tough choice to not play at Ole Miss and was heavily scrutinized for that decision. Had Cutcliffe not been at Ole Miss, who knows where Eli would have gone. I'm sure Peyton influenced him to go with Coach Cut.

If you haven't noticed, 3 of the last commits have said that they have been Silents for some time now. I think Butch knows exactly what he's doing. I wouldn't worry about the Berry Twins not having spots in this class.

I have always thought if Cutcliff was still at UT and not at Olepiss Eli would have been at UT.

sources say that they are on campus for the weekend and are suppose to announce any time! this class is already so damn good!

Sorry to be that guy and I mean to disrespect, but I got burnt out on "sources" during the whole Gruden thing. Nothing personal man. :hi:

A fellow Vol fan told me that they were on visit this weekend? Can anyone confirm this or just give me an update on them? I know they are both still up in the air but that's all I know...........Truly would put the stamp on the LEGACY class.

VN Store

Back