Something I don't think I've ever heard a clear answer to. Can Worley move or what?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Should we expect to see Worley take off on a few plays? Does he have any wheels at all or is he going to be Bray part 2 without the arm (but hopefully the better mental capacity)?

I remember hearing when we recruited him that he is a pocket passer who can move.

Last night on Vol Calls, CBJ said Worley can move a little bit and there are designed run plays that he has where he can hopefully pick up 6 or 7 yards.

I would compare his athleticism to Aaron Rodgers. Not a runner by any means, but can pick up some yards if needed.

I don't think so.

Maybe Cutler. Maybe.

All he has to do with his feet is keep a defense remotely honest, though.

Cutler is a good answer actually. Ran a 4.77 at the combine with a 33 inch vert

I would compare his athleticism to Aaron Rodgers. Not a runner by any means, but can pick up some yards if needed.

very well. I'll be very surprised if Worley is that mobile.

If you are not an exceptional team in some areas, then you are at a disadvantage in college football if your QB is not mobile and cannot run occasionally for first downs. This is one of the reasons why UT has struggled--and why lesser programs that run the spread and have mobile QBs have made a name for themselves. UT has not had enough competitive advantages, and HAS to start playing mobile QBs. bama gets away with average QBs because they are great on defense and running the ball. We don't get away it.

Reactions: 2 people

If you are not an exceptional team in some areas, then you are at a disadvantage in college football if your QB is not mobile and cannot run occasionally for first downs. This is one of the reasons why UT has struggled--and why lesser programs that run the spread and have mobile QBs have made a name for themselves. UT has not had enough competitive advantages, and HAS to start playing mobile QBs. bama gets away with average QBs because they are great on defense and running the ball. We don't get away it.

Clausen and Peyton weren't that mobile....they did alright.

Reactions: 1 person

He's clearly the least mobile QB on the roster, but he's no Manning or Bray

and thicker, too.

In b4 (That's what she said). lol And I would put Cutler in the same category as Bray. Great arm. Pathetic brain. Seriously. Cutler is proof you can get into Vanderbilt and still be a dumbazz. He has wasted his NFL potential so far.

I've said for 10 years that Fulmer's undoing began when Brent Schaeffer got hurt late in his Freshman year. Flat-footed Ainge came in, played well in the basic I formation, and Fulmer never again considered a Dual-Threat QB, notwithstanding that he'd won the NC with one.

The Question: Do you show Oregon Worley's running plays now, or wait and hope we can road-grade WKY with the RBs?

I'd wait to be honest. We shouldn't have any trouble running over WKY with our RBs. It's a wrinkle they won't be ready for. However on the flip side, if you do show a play or two, it's another thing Oregon has to prepare and scheme for.

I've said for 10 years that Fulmer's undoing began when Brent Schaeffer got hurt late in his Freshman year. Flat-footed Ainge came in, played well in the basic I formation, and Fulmer never again considered a Dual-Threat QB, notwithstanding that he'd won the NC with one.

Fulmer successfully recruited Taj Boyd.

There are lots of QB's in this type of O that aren't really runners. If the backside collapses and they can get 5-8 yds then find a soft piece of turf to fall on then they've done what is needed to keep the D honest.

Fulmer successfully recruited Taj Boyd.

That was Clawsen's accomplishment. He thought he had time and had plans of building a west coast spread type of O not too unlike what Jones wants to do.

Unfortunately for him, he had no idea how deeply in trouble Fulmer was. He thought he had a year or two to make the transition and get the right players.

VN Store

Back