Sooners' Great Defense...?

Looks like they found their QB in the second half.

It seems so. Of course we we slacked off a bit in the 4th quarter, so it's hard to tell completely. Certainly he didn't make the mistakes Arnold did though.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Arnold transfer to somewhere like OM or Auburn in the off-season.

Reactions: RavinDave
It seems so. Of course we we slacked off a bit in the 4th quarter, so it's hard to tell completely. Certainly he didn't make the mistakes Arnold did though.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Arnold transfer to somewhere like OM or Auburn in the off-season.
And they should NEVER do that again to an SEC team..... EVER!

Venables told Herbie they have been practicing against our offense since last January. If their defense was all that great they'd have kept us from double digit scoring and won the game. That did not happen NOR did they cover the spread out of Vegas, a beating by the Vols they took says Yoda.

When you lose as Oklahoma did, in a game that was never close, the fan base is going to clutch at straws.

Today, it appears the Sooner fan base is converging on this particular handful of hay:

By holding Tennessee to just 25 points, something like 36 points below the team's 2024 average, OK proved they have the best defense in the nation.

That's right. Our defense feasted all night, but their defense is the best one.

I'm not making this up, I swear it's what they're starting to parrot.

Forget that Josh intentionally slowed the offense down for pretty much the entire second half. Forget that we certainly could have scored 40+ points, even on that atrocious field (albeit with a good possibility of injuries).

It was their defense.

Heh.

Go Vols!

Reactions: WillisWG
And they should NEVER do that again to an SEC team..... EVER!

I agree. But also give credit to the OU true freshman QB for taking some shots and hanging in there. We didn't play completely vanilla, and brought some heat that he was able to escape from a time or 2. He made some big throws and showed off some impressive wheels.

Does anyone know the ruling in the non-fumble TD? If the QB fumbled the ball before getting hit, wouldn't roughing the passer not be eligible to be called? At that point, it's a loose ball right?

I agree. But also give credit to the OU true freshman QB for taking some shots and hanging in there. We didn't play completely vanilla, and brought some heat that he was able to escape from a time or 2. He made some big throws and showed off some impressive wheels.

Does anyone know the ruling in the non-fumble TD? If the QB fumbled the ball before getting hit, wouldn't roughing the passer not be eligible to be called? At that point, it's a loose ball right?
It wasn't called a fumbled. They called it incomplete.

They absolutely are elite, as we saw.
I agree. Their D is elite and SEC worthy. They will strike you and they meant business. Our D did the same. If you were on that field Saturday night you better bring it every play. They were every bit as physical as the elite defenses in the SEC. What we learned Saturday night is two things: we donā€™t have enough quality depth on the OL to hold up against elite defenses and we have a coach that recognized that and changed his game plan to run the ball and keep Nico for another day. Kudos to Sampson and Bishop they stood tall against a defense they smelled blood in the water.

OU's defense is quite good, but the numbers don't indicate they are elite. They don't appear in Top 10 Total, Passing, Rusing or Scoring defense. Just as fans wanted to still inflate NCSU as 'a ranked team'/we broke them/they may be a better team than Clemson' after their demolition, fans have a tendency to project every whimsical hope into puffing up the other team.

Yesterday was the first game of the season for TN and OU. We'll start to know how good everyone is in mid October.

VN Store

Back