Sooners Tonight

vol94fan

Watching the Oklahoma game tonight. They are big and they are fast. More speed than I expected. Great on defense. Tough ballplayers. Vols will get all they can handle in Norman this year, but I'm still hopeful we can keep it close and catch a late break to get the W.

Watching the Oklahoma game tonight. They are big and they are fast. More speed than I expected. Great on defense. Tough ballplayers. Vols will get all they can handle in Norman this year, but I'm still hopeful we can keep it close and catch a late break to get the W.
I don't know how good Oklahoma is, but I'm now fully aware that Temple is epically bad.

This seems strange. Did you expect them to look slow and weak?

They won't play anyone with a pulse until us. Hard to judge any of their games before us.

They showed they are thin on OL. There’s not much you can take from this game because it was… Temple. As hard as it is to avoid, let’s not overreact and get ahead of ourselves.

Oklahoma gave up 4 sacks and a bunch of pressures to one of the ten worst teams in the FCS. Oline is an area of weakness, multiple times the corners from Temple stayed with the Wr in man coverage. One game, a lot could be improved when we go to Norman but I don't think the Oline will be one of them. Best thing they will have going for them is confidence going in undefeated.

OU and Arnold looked good from what I saw, but that Temple team was 3-9 last year, with one conference win. They lost by 3 or more scores to Rutgers, Miami, Tulsa, SMU, North Texas, and Memphis. The SMU loss was 55-0. They also lost to UTSA 49-34.

I wouldn’t put much stock in this game. We certainly wouldn’t if it was our own team.

Oklahoma gave up 4 sacks and a bunch of pressures to one of the ten worst teams in the FCS. Oline is an area of weakness, multiple times the corners from Temple stayed with the Wr in man coverage. One game, a lot could be improved when we go to Norman but I don't think the Oline will be one of them. Best thing they will have going for them is confidence going in undefeated.
Have a first like.

They played temple! Temple is one of the wrist teams in FBS. There are FCS teams that would beat temple.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not a good start. Welcome, by the way.

“What is the Difference Between FCS and FBS? The primary difference between the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) is the number of scholarships – FBS schools play with up to 85 total scholarship players, while FCS programs are capped at 63 scholarships.“ - Betmgm.com

Temple is a member of the American Athletic Conference and without a doubt, an FBS school.

Yes, they suck, but that’s beside the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back