Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 214 66.3%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters

The simple fact that Elon has made landing reusable rocket stages on moving, autonomous drone ships in the middle of the ocean ....a completely normal non-event that receives pretty much zero press or praise is an amazing testament to how far SpaceX has left everyone else in the dust. He has made the miraculous routine...while his competitors cant even get their ships to orbit most of the time.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
Sorry if I have already axed this before, but does anyone know what in the hell Blue Origin is doing? They have this massive campus down here and they haven't launched a single thing in Florida.

Sorry if I have already axed this before, but does anyone know what in the hell Blue Origin is doing? They have this massive campus down here and they haven't launched a single thing in Florida.
Spending a lot of money to construct giant rocket building facilities and widen roads is all I see as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Where do you live? I'm up on North Merritt Island
Same, I'm in Indian Bay off N Tropical Trail. Would you happen to be a pilot? I looked at house a few years ago in Sunset Lakes that had some Tennessee and aviation decor. Real estate agent said they were moving off Hall Rd.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but one of the astronauts, Barry Wilmore, got his MS of Aviation Systems at Tennessee.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back