Speculation On Buzzs Replacement........

Man, that article has Bobby Knight and Rick Pitino as possibilites. I wouldn't mind having either of them. I would really like to have Rick though......

man, I turn my back for a second and now I am up to my neck in critical posts from OrangeBlur. Boy, I tell you this is crazy. Just completely ridiculous.

:clap:

Well you must be up to something. I know how you come over here with a reputation for being one of the craziest posters on the internet. I am talking about the legend of the Blur man if you know what I'm saying. Often imitated but never duplicated.

:pimp:

Originally posted by westsidevol@Mar 2, 2005 6:57 PM
a reputation for being one of the craziest posters on the internet.

already up to your spinning to try to get me off here!!! classic as usual... :bad:

hey just ignore him and start talking about the vols. The talk you two are having is not going to lead down a good path. Maybe you both came on this board because you needed a change. I don't care but if what yall say about each other on this board is true, then try not to do it on this board. trust me, I know what happens when you do.

I understand the arguement from the Buzz supporters as to why he should stay, but I personally feel its time for him to go. In my opinion, it would be nice to see at least some improvement after a coach has been here 4 years, but we have regressed. Buzz seems like a nice guy, but he has proven to be ineffective at every aspect of what the Head Coaching job requires at this level during his four years here at Tennessee. He hasn't been a good recruiter, he hasn't be a good evaluator of talent, he hasn't been good a developing talent. And several of the players just don't play hard for him on a consistent basis. Crump and Scooter really stick out in that department. We made the NIT last year, we returned all 5 starters, and we added Lofton and Patterson(who made FR All-American at UCLA), yet here we are this year not even going to the NIT. I just think its time for Buzz and Tennessee to go their seperate ways. JMO

very good point. He is just not good at getting his team to play hard for him. are potential this year was very high and many of the sportswriters had us picked behind kentucky in the east. But on a bright note, he did get lofton here. and the playes he has lined up coming here next year isn't looking real shabby either.

I think Buzz's "nice-guy" image isn't what any team needs. Nobody ever accused Steve Spurrier of being nice, OR Bobby Knight, for that matter. Who really cares how nice you are if you keep hauling in those trophies?

he did get Lofton here.....but it's sad that the player that shows the most tenacity... most mental game toughness..... is a frosh.....you'd expect it to be one of the upperclassmen...Chris is a player !!!

If we don't start winning by next year, we might not be seeing Chris Lofton in a Tennessee jersey for long.

Originally posted by orangeblur@Mar 2, 2005 6:32 PM
...Chris is a player !!!

At the moment, Chris seems to be the ONLY player.

Well...in all fairness, the team TRIES, but just falls short.

I'm off to church. I hope we win.

True that!!!!!! he is the only player it seems at times......drive safely!!!

Interesting read but him and the rest of the Booby Knight Lovers can take a leap. In no way do I want that embarrassment at my University.

TNVOLS1 I understand were you are coming from. If i had a choice betwenn Rick or Bobby, I will take Rick anyday of the week.

Let me throw a name into the mix: Tom Brennan from the University of Vermont. I think he's one of the most underrated head coaches in Division I. He has established a powerhouse program at Vermont and has won two straight conference titles. His team played real good against UConn last year in the NCAA Tourney, the eventual winners. He's a nice guy, a great public speaker, does lots for charity, and is a top notch recruiter. He has SEC ties as he played college ball at Georgia and graduated in 1971. Sure, he's 55 years old but he should still have 7-8 good years left in him. I'd say with him being there for so long he wouldn't consider moving to a new school but I think he would be a heck of a catch for us. But hey, most of those guys listed in the article would be good too. Any high profile coach brought into UT that can actually bring something to the table I'm all for.

DD

Bobby Knight can whip all of those coaches! In basketball too!..seriously, history will show that Bobby Knight was the most effective basketball coach in history and it would be a shame to not jump at the chance to have him best the world of NCAA Basketball with his last stop-TN. After that, the best coaches in the country will want to coach for TN!! For all of you naysayers, Bobby says:"*@!%^*&#!!!!!

UofL hired Pitino the same year UT hired Buzz. I believe UNLV, Michigan, UofL, Tennessee, and maybe UCLA were the big jobs that were available at that time. I don't think Pitino considered the Vols then, and I doubt he would leave UofL for UT now with UofL going to the Big East, but I would love to see it happen. Pitino in orange? Nice.

I wonder what Bobby Cremins is doing now. I used to love that guy.

I say bring back Ray Mears, he is crazy but wins. No Knight, Pitino ain't coming here, Cremmins is done, we must find a young Coach K deciple, or a Carolina deciple that can spell defense. Our "d" is ranked 293 in the ncaa. :bad: :beer:

VN Store

Back