Spurrier suggests....

Does anybody else just hear Spurrier screaming "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!" Steve's just mad that he isn't the one people are paying attention to so he wants to say something moronically controversial to attract the media.

Correct, he's already been Butch slapped ! You can't spell Butch without UT. :no:

Thinks he emulate paterno's run.

I give him 3-5 more years or an SEC Championship, before he retires. If they win the SEC CG this year, I would bet he would retire within 3 years. He surprised a lot of people when he renewed his contract this last time, after saying he was about ready to retire.

Side note: I hope SC never wins the SECCG...

Is there really gonna be a day when Tennessee doesn't play Bammer every year?

That would be awful.

Yeah, I would hate getting beat by 4 TDs every year. How in the world could we lose them?
Wake up, people. We need to do what's best for us, and playing those overgrown thugs every year is NOT best for us.

I'm in the minority I guess, but I think the idea has merit. Georgia skated into the SECE championship and the SECCG last year only because they played weak SECW teams. Their traditional rival, Auburn, is down just as much as they are up. Whether the Alabama game counts as a conference game or not, it would still have all of the intensity and hate that's always existed between the two schools. Since the SEC can't play a round-robin schedule because of the number of teams, just counting division games in the standings would add a great deal of equity to the obvious scheduling weaknesses.

Bama doesn't think twice about us anymore. The intensity is gone. As long as they have that subhuman gargoyle as head coach, the best we can hope for is that Butch turns out to be a good coach and can get them once every five years. Think about it - our winning streak came against Mike Doofus DuBose. Geez, didn't he lose to the Ragin Cajuns?
Satan ain't going anywhere. His goal is to take a big dump on Bryant's grave and break his record, replacing him as the Bammer's deity for eternity.

Bama doesn't think twice about us anymore. The intensity is gone. As long as they have that subhuman gargoyle as head coach, the best we can hope for is that Butch turns out to be a good coach and can get them once every five years. Think about it - our winning streak came against Mike Doofus DuBose. Geez, didn't he lose to the Ragin Cajuns?
Satan ain't going anywhere. His goal is to take a big dump on Bryant's grave and break his record, replacing him as the Bammer's deity for eternity.

Actually, the streak started in 1995. Gene Stallings was coach for Alabama when we beat them in 1995 and 1996. Dubose's first year was 1997.:good!:

1995 Tennessee Volunteers Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited:
Dubose also won the SEC championship in '99. Just saying.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

GLEE-MR-SCHUE-ANGRY.gif

#butch,please

If I'm not mistaken back in the early 90's when the SEC split divisions, women's basketball still has some goofy schedule. UT and Vandy were 2 of the top teams in the nation as well as the SEC (obviously).

The imbalanced scheduled only had Vandy and UT playing one conference game but they played 2, but only the 1 counted.

I know women's hoops and football are 2 different animals but this concept isn't new. It's not the dumbest idea in the world (playing Bama as an OOC game) , but it would take some getting used to.

Reactions: 1 person
Only younguns would want to tamper with the Tennessee-Alabama rivalry. It's in their favor now but look at the overall record for the series. They're about 10-12 ahead & that incl 6 in a row. Butch will have us beating them soon. As much as I hate Fla , they pale when compared to Ala. this rivalry goes back to the 1920's....Fla to 1990! Spurrier & Miles need to MYOB. Stevie is senile & Les is just plain stoopid!!

If the choices are to drop Bama or play them as a non-conference (as it doesn't count in the standings), I'd still like to play them. I think CSS's idea is a good one.

I'm in the minority I guess, but I think the idea has merit. Georgia skated into the SECE championship and the SECCG last year only because they played weak SECW teams. Their traditional rival, Auburn, is down just as much as they are up. Whether the Alabama game counts as a conference game or not, it would still have all of the intensity and hate that's always existed between the two schools. Since the SEC can't play a round-robin schedule because of the number of teams, just counting division games in the standings would add a great deal of equity to the obvious scheduling weaknesses.

I agree with you Bill. I just went you hadn't become BAMA AD

Reactions: 1 person
I think spurrier understands that no matter who wins ,He and every other sec coach benefits from a UT Alabama matchup . For one someone has to lose as opposed to two non-conference wins.For two we always beat each other up. I cannot imagine not having the opportunity to beat bama though GBO

And in risk of ruining the already bad reputation I think I have here..

I don't think it's that crazy.If Alabama goes undefeated in conference play but looses to UT in an annual "uncounted" game, they still get shut out of the title picture (probably).
Neither team suffers from the loss in conference, which is bull:(/$.., however it increases strength of schedule, programming, profile, and toughness...

It could do as much good as it could harm...Georgia and Florida, would rule the little skirt party they throw every year, out of the SEC equation and instead be forced to play Arkansas or Dan Mullins' MSU....which would dually increase ranking cred. and still pit the home team against a solid opponent..

Erg..I'm drinking high grav and blabbing...

:wacko::huh:

VN Store

Back