Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

He jokes about being mayor and then governor. I told him I have a hard time with politicians. Plus, he better make sure closet stays clean. If there is dirt, they will find it especially with social media today. I would prefer him be Tony's replacement 15 years from now.

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo

On stache talk Hunter Ensley said that he was looking to become more of a vocal leader on the team...

Ensley a stabilizing figure for surging Vols

“I think personality is the big one,” Vitello said after the Vols’ sweep-clinching, 13-2 win over Mississippi State on Saturday. “I don’t know why, but he finally started to be himself. He comes from a great household, and he’s almost overly respectful to me and the other people around him, and now he’s much more loose and kind of acts like the guys we have had in the program before –– Fergy (Max Ferguson) and things like that –– and not afraid to laugh or crack a joke or make fun of me or whatever it is. So, that’s the big one.

“He’s added to that personality pot we got going on right now.”

“Also toughness,” the coach said. “I’ve said it a million times, but I see a lot of value in it. He’s not afraid to compete in any situation, including running into a wall or taking charge on a play or whatever it is. And you guys know from me, I said we needed to be tougher earlier in the year. And one of the ways we got tougher was by having him more involved.”

Reactions: taylorvol and MAD
Number of batters Kirby pitches to (including multiple at bats by the same batter)

Total number of different pitchers to take the mound for the Vols

Number of successful bunts in series by both teams (either sacrifice or hits)

Which team will “win the most innings”

My post was discussed on stache talk and used in pick 'em, woo-hoo!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Honesty. I like it. I would not have gotten this right but it is pretty impressive. I will share later unless someone gets it without looking. It is one of the funnier ones.

Reactions: MAD
Nah. Way too easy for anyone following the stats. @greasemachine posted a pdf yesterday. Those numbers stuck out like a sore thumb… or overhead crooked numbers…
Just kidding about prize but I honestly remembered his HR ratio. Probably because he along with Mark McLaughlin and Will Heflin, sat at our table last year for First Pitch Banquet. He’s from Dublin, OH and we’ve been amazed at his huge production in so limited at bats.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back