Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Honored to be chosen as a Hometown Hero for Bristol Motor Speedway’s Bass Pro Shop’s Night Race! Beyond blessed to have the support of so many!

Looking forward to watching America’s Night Race in just 25 short days!
View attachment 571630
When a player‘s contributions off the field are greater than his spectacular contributions on the field, they are very, very special. He’s a VFL unicorn! Seriously, Kirby’s creating a legacy that will be hard to match! I can’t wait to see what he accomplishes during his final season as a Vol.

You guys have been such a help for our family and especially to Kirby over the past 4 years. As he comes to an end of his journey, he is trying to set up a foundation that would benefit foster kids (my wife is a DSS person and he has several foster boys that have come to his camps that he has worked with), East Tennessee Children's Hospital (they provide the children to throw out first pitch and he has caught the first pitch for the past several years so he has built relationships with the children and goes to the hospital regularly to visit and has given out his merch), and sports mission trips for kids (he loves the ones he does and wants to be able to help kids go on some he is organizing). These are three of his passions and while he still has a recognizable name, he is wanting to use it to help set up a lasting foundation that will help in these three areas and maybe more.

I was looking for help of someone who has knowledge of setting up a foundation and the intricacies of it.

We have also written three children's books, one for each passion, that tells a story of success for a kid that connects baseball and the passion. All proceeds will go toward the passion through the foundation. He is looking for an illustrator now and a publisher. Any ideas or recommendations would be great.
He plans to give out baseball comfort pillows to children at ETCH along with child cancer research.
There is a great need for foster kids to have duffle bags that are equipped with age appropriate stuff so that when they are removed from their homes or taken to a new home they have somewhere to carry their stuff. Most just have to put their clothes and stuff in a trash bag. He also wants to help with transitional foster homes (Isaiah117 homes).

Thanks in advance for your help and again thank you for being a special part of our family.

You guys have been such a help for our family and especially to Kirby over the past 4 years. As he comes to an end of his journey, he is trying to set up a foundation that would benefit foster kids (my wife is a DSS person and he has several foster boys that have come to his camps that he has worked with), East Tennessee Children's Hospital (they provide the children to throw out first pitch and he has caught the first pitch for the past several years so he has built relationships with the children and goes to the hospital regularly to visit and has given out his merch), and sports mission trips for kids (he loves the ones he does and wants to be able to help kids go on some he is organizing). These are three of his passions and while he still has a recognizable name, he is wanting to use it to help set up a lasting foundation that will help in these three areas and maybe more.

I was looking for help of someone who has knowledge of setting up a foundation and the intricacies of it.

We have also written three children's books, one for each passion, that tells a story of success for a kid that connects baseball and the passion. All proceeds will go toward the passion through the foundation. He is looking for an illustrator now and a publisher. Any ideas or recommendations would be great.
He plans to give out baseball comfort pillows to children at ETCH along with child cancer research.
There is a great need for foster kids to have duffle bags that are equipped with age appropriate stuff so that when they are removed from their homes or taken to a new home they have somewhere to carry their stuff. Most just have to put their clothes and stuff in a trash bag. He also wants to help with transitional foster homes (Isaiah117 homes).

Thanks in advance for your help and again thank you for being a special part of our family.

It's not real dificult but it takes some effort. Many of these steps can happen at the same time.
1) Get an attorney
2) File Articles of Incorporation
3) Decide if the foundation will be a Trust or non-profit
4) Apply for EIN
5) File for tax exemption.
6) Appoint Board of Directors
7) Determine a mission statement and bylaws
If the amounts are small you can probably get away with not having an accountant but I always use one.

Most of the work can be done by the attorney and accountant. They may tell you some of this isn't necessary in what you want to do. They may also have some things that I didn't list.

How will the foundation be funded? Personally, public or both?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thank you.
Non-profit
Both. We have part of it that we can do done. I have done it for churches but never foundation. Similar but I don’t think it is close enough.
I've encountered many kids Kirby's age that want to pick my brain on how to be successful or gain wealth.

I've never encountered a kid Kirby's age with such ambition for noble causes that don't benefit him.... And I would assume Kirby hasn't aquired much personal wealth at his age.
Please keep us updated as this foundation developes.

You should be very proud. Job well done dad.

Also available on all podcast apps, if you prefer to listen that way. Here's the apple link:

Reactions: MAD
Sorry to piggyback on this thread again, but I just posted my interview with Coach Tony Vitello:

If it helps, we did talk a little about Kirby. He was the answer for one of my questions as we were giving out superlatives to past and present players.

Sorry to piggyback on this thread again, but I just posted my interview with Coach Tony Vitello:

If it helps, we did talk a little about Kirby. He was the answer for one of my questions as we were giving out superlatives to past and present players.

Thanks for posting, good interview with CTV

This week we take a unique Behind The Scenes look at UT Baseball summer, fall, and winter practice and game day schedules. Hear some neat stories and get a look at what a day in the life of a player looks like.

VN Store

Back