Stadium decibel levels

140 can cause pain in the ear and irreversible damage. Seriously, take ear plugs this Saturday just in case. I’m deaf in one ear due to my military service and it’s absolutely irritating when you can’t hear because of hearing loss. I really don’t watch TV much anymore because there’s no use in watching what you can’t hear. Even turned up I can make out only about 50 to 60% of the what they’re saying.
Gotta turn CC on. I use it, but I'm not that hard of hearing. It just seems that even with a good sound bar it's hard to understand what's being said.

"Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium is the new record holder for the college football decibel record.
During the Vols’ game against Georgia on Saturday (Nov 2023), Tennessee fans reached 137 dB, breaking the old decibel record of 133.6 at the 1992 Washington-Nebraska game."

At the Florida game last week, as we were screaming and stomping along with other Vol faithful, the decibel level displayed on the Jumbotron got as high as 126 dB.
But there were some knotheads not contributing even one peep of noise to the effort.
Let's break our own 137 dB record against Bama on Saturday.

We won't be able to able to be there against Bama, but would love to hear reports from anyone watching the Jumbotron on what the displayed decibel levels get too.

Go Vols!
Kalen DeBoer said he was in loud stadiums at Washington. He said it will not make that much difference at Neyland

Gotta turn CC on. I use it, but I'm not that hard of hearing. It just seems that even with a good sound bar it's hard to understand what's being said.
My wife has always used CC, at first I gave her **** about it, but now im not sure I could go back. Especially for movies...I do find for live events though they completely botch the words

I still dont think the fanbase has reached the effort it gave in that 2016 Oklahoma game. It was unbelievably loud even when we were on offense. Crazy game.

Greatest stadium atmosphere I've ever witnessed from sitting in front of the TV. You didn't even need to be in the stadium to know that environment was special.

Reactions: aRmo
140 can cause pain in the ear and irreversible damage. Seriously, take ear plugs this Saturday just in case. I’m deaf in one ear due to my military service and it’s absolutely irritating when you can’t hear because of hearing loss. I really don’t watch TV much anymore because there’s no use in watching what you can’t hear. Even turned up I can make out only about 50 to 60% of the what they’re saying.
I wish this was tracked more reliably. My ears were still ringing on Monday like after an indoor rock concert. Not sure if we approached the record we set last year but it was fairly consistently loud for a good portion of the game.

Everytime this topic comes up I instantly think back to ‘98 Florida….. what a memory - that was the loudest game ever. The Cal game was off the charts - the anger and release was palatable- - as was OU. Then Bama 22 was unreal as well…. But that ‘98 Florida game…. Man, I couldn’t talk at all at work Monday.
We had 10,000 more fans in there, so it’ll never be topped- but I hope we can get close Saturday night!!! I suspect we will - hell, I know we will- even the old farts hate Bama with an unbridled passion!
Let’s Go Neyland - Get loud, and then GET LOUDER!

VN Store

Back