Star Wars

pretty-in-orange

so I've never really been a huge movie buff or anything...especially movies with a lot of parts like star wars. But my friend and I watched episode I last night on Spike TV and I'm wondering is Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker the same person?

so I've never really been a huge movie buff or anything...especially movies with a lot of parts like star wars. But my friend and I watched episode I last night on Spike TV and I'm wondering is Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker the same person?

Anakin is dad and Luke is son.......

no. Anakin Skywalker is Luke's father. Episode I takes place 20 years or so before the events of Episode IV.

I want to tell you so much but I can't spoil it lol.

ok so Anaking Skywalker is the " Luke I am your father" guy right? so that little boy in episode I is darth vader?

You had better believe it........

Anakin is the one who will bring balance to the force......

Let me clear this up. R2d2 is c3pos cousin and the storm troopers had a baby called LIL E walk.The E walks stay with Jaba the hut on weekends and they are his 2nd cousins. Luke is Darth Vaders brother by Marriage. :eek:k:

Let me clear this up. R2d2 is c3pos cousin and the storm troopers had a baby called LIL E walk.The E walks stay with Jaba the hut on weekends and they are his 2nd cousins. Luke is Darth Vaders brother by Marriage. :eek:k:

My head hurts....

Although, none of them can match Dark Helmet!

hockey-darkhelmet.jpg

ok so Anaking Skywalker is the " Luke I am your father" guy right? so that little boy in episode I is darth vader?
You have so much to learn.

It is better, IMO, if you watch the original trilogy (EP IV-VI) first and then go watch (I-III).

You have so much to learn.

It is better, IMO, if you watch the original trilogy (EP IV-VI) first and then go watch (I-III).

The original trilogy is ten times better than the newest trilogy. What do you think?

I agree, but Lucas tells everyone to watch them in order, which ruins it for me.
That just screws up so many "reveals" in ESB and ROTJ. When I introduce my young son to Star Wars (very soon now) he will see the original trilogy first.

the one glaring hole in the timeline is Obi Wan Kenobi's amnesia regarding the droids. It's true he never "owned" R2D2, but R2 was such a vital character in I, II and III that it's hard to reconcile.

In that same scene in EP IV, he also tells Luke that he hasn't been called "Obi Wan" since before Luke was born, yet Obi Wan was there for Luke and Leia's birth.

That just screws up so many "reveals" in ESB and ROTJ. When I introduce my young son to Star Wars (very soon now) he will see the original trilogy first.

Exactly... you don't have the holy **** moments in Empire and Jedi if you do that.

the one glaring hole in the timeline is Obi Wan Kenobi's amnesia regarding the droids. It's true he never "owned" R2D2, but R2 was such a vital character in I, II and III that it's hard to reconcile.

In that same scene in EP IV, he also tells Luke that he hasn't been called "Obi Wan" since before Luke was born, yet Obi Wan was there for Luke and Leia's birth.
Yeah, I think some people give Lucas way too much credit for how much he had thought out the whole story.

you should really watch the original trilogy first. it would help you understand it better. and to answer you're question, no.

i'm probably one of the few that thinks episode III was the best out of the entire saga.

I didn't even feel that episode III was the best in the prequels. Even if you think III was the best, that's not really saying much of anything b/c they were all pretty bad.

Not that any of you would guess it, but I'm almost as big a Star Wars nerd as Vader. Just more in the closet about it. Hold on, let me prove it.

IG-88 is the biggest badass EVAR.

I didn't even feel that episode III was the best in the prequels. Even if you think III was the best, that's not really saying much of anything b/c they were all pretty bad.
I think he meant to say it was the best out of all six movies.

VN Store

Back