State Of The State, State Of The Union Now

Originally posted by deaknasty74@Feb 3, 2005 10:45 PM
and you put Demetrice Morley in front of fellows an all sec if im not mistaken morley good but he is only a freshmen i just dont see him starting at the start of the season

Heffney was the all freshmen SEC DB wasn't he?

I think Fellows will get beat out. In my opinion he and Campbell were our weak links in the secondary.

Heffney was great for a freshman. Morely is a 5 star prospect. Fellows played pretty goot at times but spotty at times too. I think you'll see him start before we get to Florida.

Originally posted by OldVol@Feb 4, 2005 1:40 AM
Heffney was the all freshmen SEC DB wasn't he?

I think Fellows will get beat out. In my opinion he and Campbell were our weak links in the secondary.

Fellows was the all-american freshman, not Hefney. Remember, Fellows was injured there in the later part of the season. When he was not on the field, our secondary suffered even more. Hefney was a hard hitter and did pretty well, but Fellows was the one with the better coverage skill. I don't see Fellows getting beat out of anything next year. IMO, he has great potential. My :twocents:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Feb 4, 2005 2:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood &#064; Feb 4, 2005 2:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OldVol@Feb 4, 2005 1:40 AM
Heffney was the all freshmen SEC DB wasn&#39;t he?

Fellows was the all-american freshman, not Hefney. Remember, Fellows was injured there in the later part of the season. When he was not on the field, our secondary suffered even more. Hefney was a hard hitter and did pretty well, but Fellows was the one with the better coverage skill. I don&#39;t see Fellows getting beat out of anything next year. IMO, he has great potential. My :twocents: [/quote]
As Curly would say, "It&#39;s a case of mistaken Identity."

You are right. My wife keeps telling me I get things confused, but I don&#39;t pay any attention to her, she&#39;s not as lucid as she once was. :p

Hefney also made some 2nd team all freshmen lists.

I personally think this is a great problem, but here&#39;s the problem as I see it:

Below is our depth chart for the secondary as it stood at the end of the season, excluding the seniors. With Jason moving back to corner, which corner will he play? Someone has to go. That means Fellows or Hefney one has to sit at the start of the game, or they swing to a safety position and compete with Campbell
and Stewart and the new freshmen. But; things are going to get crowded back there. It&#39;s been a long time since we signed a 5 star Dback, and I don&#39;t know that we&#39;ve ever signed one that has the potential of Morely. Even Allen was a 4 star recruit. I know someone will say, "The stars mean nothing, they don&#39;t mean anything, it&#39;s what they do on the field, nada, na, yap, yap, yap." Well, it&#39;s a funny thing to me that coaches making millions of dollars a year jump into private jets and fly all around the country for the better part of Janruary in hopes of landing just a few of these "Stars don&#39;t mean anything" 5 star players.

You can book it, this Morely kid will start somewhere.

So, when you put into the mix that we were awful at safety last year prior to Jason switching over, who do you belive will start at safety if not Morely.

Do you believe Morely and Adams-White could both possibly start at safety.

If that&#39;s the case, then we would see Fellows and Allen at the corners and 2 freshmen at the safties.

I&#39;m really excited about Morely. Can you tell? :pepper:

This is how we lined up this year. Someone has to go.

LCB: 36 Roshaun Fellows (Fr., 6-0, 185)
4 Jonathan Wade (So., 6-0, 185)

RCB: 33 Jonathan Hefney (Fr., 5-10, 172)
29 Inky Johnson (Fr., 6-0, 170)

FS: 18 Jason Allen (Jr., 6-2, 200)
19 Jarod Parrish (So., 6-3, 195)

SS: 26 Corey Campbell (So., 6-3, 190)
24 Antwan Stewart (So., 6-0, 185)

Originally posted by OldVol+Feb 4, 2005 1:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldVol @ Feb 4, 2005 1:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by revolver@Feb 3, 2005 8:26 PM
Originally posted by OldVol@Feb 3, 2005 6:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-revolver
@Feb 3, 2005 5:57 PM
Where is Cody Douglass, and Arian Foster? :dunno:

You&#39;re right, Cody will probably be in the RG spot, at least at the beginning of the season. That was an oversight.

Now, as to Foster, I really like the young man, but I don&#39;t think he&#39;ll get a lot of carries. I may be wrong. I was once, back in 1972 (my first wife, but that&#39;s a long story). ;)

OldVol, I hear ya. I too was wrong once in 1973, but I&#39;ve forgotten what I was wrong about. BTW I love your picture. Is that Sports Illustrated of Albert Dorsey vs. the Tide? What did he have in that game 4 or 5 interceptions. That was in the good old days before internet, and before we knew how many players the Tide bought&#33;&#33; :)

I believe that&#39;s Tim Priest breaking one up. [/quote]
It is Tim Priest.

VN Store

Back