Steve Spurrier

under Holtz
11 South Carolina 26 3 6 16 3.42 1,972
8 South Carolina 29 1 4 18 3.00 1,831
35 South Carolina 28 0 3 11 2.61 799

under Shineypants
24 South Carolina 22 0 4 13 2.95 992

Originally posted by dalelindsay81@Jan 17, 2005 7:11 PM
ole miss almost won the west couple yrs ago with those players. all they had was manning. spurrier will get some guys in there. with all the great coaches in the sec now its gonna be a track meet for everyone. but hopefully the big orange will "git r done"

Yes, alomst won the West. Other than LSU last year, the West was very weak.

So, that wasn't a huge accomplishment.

Originally posted by OldVol+Jan 18, 2005 7:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldVol @ Jan 18, 2005 7:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dalelindsay81@Jan 17, 2005 7:11 PM
ole miss almost won the west couple yrs ago with those players. all they had was manning. spurrier will get some guys in there. with all the great coaches in the sec now its gonna be a track meet for everyone. but hopefully the big orange will "git r done"

Yes, alomst won the West. Other than LSU last year, the West was very weak.

So, that wasn&#39;t a huge accomplishment. [/quote]
nothing in the sec is weak other than vandy. and they are in the east.

Vandy, Kentucky, both Mississippi teams, South Carolina...

I recognize Florida, LSU, Georgia and Tennessee as top-tier programs from the SEC, but the rest are all mediocre or just bad.

everybody says we are the best conference in the country. cant be that with just four top programs. arkansas is good. auburn of course. alabama just because of their history. south carolina will be. georgia. ms state will get better. if we only have 4 top programs then the big 10 is better than us. the big 12 is way better.

what? we are the best plain and simple. we play samsh mouth football and all the great nfl players come from the sec. not make me name some names

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 18, 2005 8:43 PM
what? we are the best plain and simple. we play samsh mouth football and all the great nfl players come from the sec. not make me name some names

not with just 4 top progams. if milo is right. and how do u leave out auburn. damn . they just tore it up.

Arkansas is not notable in any way I can think of. They do not play strong in any way, they are just one of those conference teams who is right in the middle. Doesn&#39;t ever have championship hopes but always is capable of knocking one of those big teams off. Every conference has those teams. And I&#39;m going off recent history. Bama has not been good recently.

The Big Ten has Ohio State, Michigan and Purdue as generally very good teams as of recent.

ACC has Virginia Tech, Miami.

The Pac-10... The Pac-10 doesn&#39;t really have a consistently good school. Moreso schools that have incredible streaks for 3-5 years and usually fields three ranked teams a season, pretty good considering the proportion of the number of teams vs. other major conferences.

Big XII has Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and usually fields at least one more ranked team every year.

Originally posted by dalelindsay81@Jan 18, 2005 5:45 PM
not with just 4 top progams. if milo is right. and how do u leave out auburn. damn . they just tore it up.

They were loaded this last season but will probably go back to their status of being just alright, just a notch below the top teams of the SEC.

i cant see us beatin lsu in lsu right after playing flordia in flordia. its gonna be hard.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 18, 2005 8:50 PM
Arkansas is not notable in any way I can think of. They do not play strong in any way, they are just one of those conference teams who is right in the middle. Doesn&#39;t ever have championship hopes but always is capable of knocking one of those big teams off. Every conference has those teams. And I&#39;m going off recent history. Bama has not been good recently.

The Big Ten has Ohio State, Michigan and Purdue as generally very good teams as of recent.

ACC has Virginia Tech, Miami.

The Pac-10... The Pac-10 doesn&#39;t really have a consistently good school. Moreso schools that have incredible streaks for 3-5 years and usually fields three ranked teams a season, pretty good considering the proportion of the number of teams vs. other major conferences.

Big XII has Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and usually fields at least one more ranked team every year.

any team, except vandy or kentucky , from the sec can make a run.

in the big ten u are forgetting iowa. they are very well coached. and are doing very well recruiting.

acc. hmmmm what about fsu. thank u.

pac 10 is just usc right now. but oregon is talented and washington got willingham.

big 12. a and m is recruiting well. ok st is there. k state is always good except this year. they usually finish in the top 10

I forgot about F&#036;U in the ACC. They seem to be on a bit of a decline... It might just be temporary, though.

And most any team from any conference is capable of making a run.

chris rix is gone. it could be a start for a good time for fsu. chris rix ran them down. or maybe bowden is losing his touch.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 18, 2005 8:56 PM
I forgot about F&#036;U in the ACC. They seem to be on a bit of a decline... It might just be temporary, though.

And most any team from any conference is capable of making a run.

true.

u forgot about iowa to milo

lets also not forget georgia tech. they are returning to glory years again and are returing alot of starters.

They have been kind of flying under the radar. If they make something of this next season, then yes, Iowa is definitley a new big school on the national scene.

i want to know just how you convince someone to come play football in iowa. that just sounds boring.

VN Store

Back