Stewart decides Oregon

nationalchamps2006UT

The Rivals.com No. 1 running back in the country, Jonathan Stewart, committed yesterday to the University of Oregon. Stewart picked the Ducks over Washington State and Tennessee.

OREGON? hmmm

yeah we werent an pick really for him. i saw this yesterday and i kinfs figured that this would happen.

He just wants to wear those god awful jerseys....Well we can't get them all but he would have been a nice addition to our already GREAT recruting class....We've still got some RB's so just like not getting Patrick Turner....If we could afford to not get someone at a postion that's one we could afford to not get

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Jan 22, 2005 12:22 PM
He just wants to wear those god awful jerseys....Well we can't get them all but he would have been a nice addition to our already GREAT recruting class....We've still got some RB's so just like not getting Patrick Turner....If we could afford to not get someone at a postion that's one we could afford to not get

true, cuz we're strong at receiver... Riggs is good enough to carry the load

as long as we get phillips i dont care if we get no one else.

The Ducks are in kind of a similar position as the Gators were. Lots of talent, still good recruitng, and they produce lackluster results.

Damnit Bellotti, you can finish ranked with the talent you've got :banghead:

you think stewart can give them a spark like ad did for oklahomo? if so do you give them a chance aginst usc?

Really, I don't know what is going to happen in the Pac aside from USC winning it. There is a lot of talent leaving the teams, but also a lot of potential talent that might step up.

To answer your question correctly, I highly doubt he will be good enough his first season to take out USC. He would have to perform like Adrian Peterson, which is highly unlikely.

Arizona State looks to be even better on offense than they were last year with 10 starters returning on O, but their defense has many gaps to fill.

If Mike Bellotti would change his coaching style and at least try to work with the talent he's got, he could kill and even make a potential BCS bowl run. Oregon has tremendous talent, Autzen Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the country and just a lot of momentum they could use this next season.

Cal losing Aaron Rodgers and JJ Arrington is a big hit, and they look pretty mediocre, but they might come out and do well again.

Oregon State is also losing a lot of talent on defense, which kept them in the bowl game hunt. Then again, they looked to be in big trouble this last season after losing Steven Jackson (who is starting to look pretty good at St. Louis, by the way) and a bunch of starters. They could go either way.

Last year the Pac-10 was supposed to not be very good, but ended up doing pretty well after basically canibalizing eachother. This next season is up for grabs.

I'd say that USC's games at Arizona State, Oregon and Notre Dame will be their toughest. They also have one last nonconference game to pick for September 10. Their other two are Arkansas and at Hawaii.

Milo, you know he is going to the Pac so he can run all over bad defenses. ;)

Pac-10 defenses are decent. Arizona State' is pretty terrible though, and so are Washington's and Arizona's, but you know... They're Washington and Arizona.

EDIT: And USC has one of the best defenses in the country.

but that is only one good defense he will run aginst. the pac is going to make him look like a heisman award winner just like the little 12

Adrian Peterson is still one of the best runningbacks around. It was not just that Oklahoma and the Big XII were grossly overrated - The Pac 10 was underrated as well. We'll see how the Pac does next season. Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State, UCLA, Arizona State and of course USC are all looking to be sold at the least next year.

Besides that, the Pac-10 was supposed to have a bad year while the SEC was supposed to fare pretty well. The Pac had a similar interconference record to the SEC while playing much tougher teams, a better bowl record and a national championship. Hm...

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 22, 2005 2:55 PM
Milo, you know he is going to the Pac so he can run all over bad defenses. ;)

Amen to that he'll be on ESPN Sports Center every week. 250 yars rushing in the PAC-10 equals about 100 in the SEC or Big-10

Taken from another thread:
our defenses are not bad, a lot of our teams are loaded on offense and make the other defenses look bad.

Oregon State, Cal, USC and Stanford all held the oppossing offense to 20 points a game or less. I figured 20 ppg would be a good interval to use.

I'm sure you'd all consider SEC offense to be equal, so I used the same mark. The SEC had an equal number of teams to do that. Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

So, you guys have two more teams in your conference but an equal number of teams performing equal on defense to the Pac-10. To boot, one might not find it that hard to concede that Pac-10 offenses are as good as, sometimes perhaps marginally better than most other offenses in the country.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 22, 2005 6:48 PM
our defenses are not bad, a lot of our teams are loaded on offense and make the other defenses look bad.

Oregon State, Cal, USC and Stanford all held the oppossing offense to 20 points a game or less. I figured 20 ppg would be a good interval to use.

I'm sure you'd all consider SEC offense to be equal, so I used the same mark. The SEC had an equal number of teams to do that. Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

So, you guys have two more teams in your conference but an equal number of teams performing equal on defense to the Pac-10. To boot, one might not find it that hard to concede that Pac-10 offenses are as good as, sometimes perhaps marginally better than most other offenses in the country.

didnt that maurice drew guy from ucla run for 200 yards in the first half against arizona state or somebody?

pac 10 defense sucks

Yeah, Arizona State's defense sucked.

But they had a consistently good offense that kept them in the game this year despite their struggling defense... Hm sounds like a team I know...?

only one good defense in pac 10 and that is usc. no argument there.

I just made it.

# of teams Pac-10 who allowed 20 points a game or less: 4

# of teams SEC who allowed 20 points a game or less: 4

Originally posted by JSB2277+Jan 22, 2005 6:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Jan 22, 2005 6:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Jan 22, 2005 6:48 PM

I&#39;m sure you&#39;d all consider SEC offense to be equal, so I used the same mark. The SEC had an equal number of teams to do that. Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Alabama.

didnt that maurice drew guy from ucla run for 200 yards in the first half against arizona state or somebody?

pac 10 defense sucks [/quote]
That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about, if he had to run against LSU,Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa. He would be luck fo break 100 yard the whole game.

And I just said it was Arizona State. There is a certain team I know of who had pretty terrible defense through a lot of the year but managed to win games because of their offense.

Their name begins with a VOLS

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 22, 2005 6:55 PM
And I just said it was Arizona State. There is a certain team I know of who had pretty terrible defense through a lot of the year but managed to win games because of their offense.

Their name begins with a VOLS

the Vols run defense was not bad, and in fact stopped some of the nation&#39;s best running backs on a weekly basis.

VN Store

Back