Stop Overreacting

SATX VOL

Ball didn’t drop our way. We didn’t play well on offense. Coaching was a concern. Hostile environment. 6th start for a red shirt freshman. Numerous holds on their chunk plays that weren’t called. Let’s see what happens against Florida and Bama. Do they bounce back like they have something to prove? This will either make or break us. One loss in the sec doesn’t say much. Stop over reacting. That could happen any given day. Especially today apparently. GO VOLS!!!

Ball didn’t drop our way. We didn’t play well on offense. Coaching was a concern. Hostile environment. 6th start for a red shirt freshman. Numerous holds on their chunk plays that weren’t called. Let’s see what happens against Florida and Bama. Do they bounce back like they have something to prove? This will either make or break us. One loss in the sec doesn’t say much. Stop over reacting. That could happen any given day. Especially today apparently. GO VOLS!!!

We very well might get our asses handed to us another 4 times this year. That wasn’t the ball not bouncing our way, that was an ass whipping on both sides of the ball.

Out coached. Plain and simple. This time last year Pittman was all but fired. Not a good look for a 9 million dollar coach that has a bad habit of laying eggs.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Eh the overreacting is easy to do right after a loss. The gut punch is realizing Tennessee was overrated and our coach got worked tonight. Nico just simply needs more time. He was crowned the second coming right after the bowl game and that's not his fault. That's asking a lot for a kid making his second true road start in tough environments. Truth is, we need a lot more from Heupel. Coming off a huge road win and a week off to prepare, we clearly expected different

I wasn’t on the N Champ band wagon or predicting doom.

After 4 starts against teams that offered no threat and the only time the games were close was at kickoff, I was waiting to see how we played against decent teams, in close games or when we got behind. Our RS FR QB hasn’t looked great nor has the rest of the offense other than Sampson.
So, that’s not the really concern for me,
It’s the coach (‘s) don’t really seem to have tried anything new or different to help out or look to have a plan or clue what to do

Seriously, many of you are terribly overreacting……….again! Before the Arkansas game when TN was coming off of the wins many were thinking the exact opposite. I kept hearing that TN had the best defense in the country and also one of the top offenses in the country. That was an overreaction to winning and putting up some great stats. Now Nico is a terrible QB, and this team has no chance whatsoever to even sniff the Playoff because it will be a miracle if they don’t lose at least 4 or 5 more games.

Both of these were and are overreactions. The truth IMO is that this team played a bad game against a pretty good football team and lost, but this team is improving and will continue to improve. Nico will only get better. He is a freaking freshman starting in the SEC and his O-line had a rough game so he had a rough game.

It’s just one loss. Y’all’s team still has loads of potential. Nico still has tons of potential and talent. The season isn’t over. CJH is still a very good coach. Maybe TN isn’t yet quite as great as many of y’all thought, but I can say with 100% confidence that things aren’t nearly as bad as many of you are saying now. So you lost a game and there were times when the team didn’t look good during that game, so what? They looked great right after halftime. The Vols are a very good team.

Seriously, many of you are terribly overreacting……….again! Before the Arkansas game when TN was coming off of the wins many were thinking the exact opposite. I kept hearing that TN had the best defense in the country and also one of the top offenses in the country. That was an overreaction to winning and putting up some great stats. Now Nico is a terrible QB, and this team has no chance whatsoever to even sniff the Playoff because it will be a miracle if they don’t lose at least 4 or 5 more games.

Both of these were and are overreactions. The truth IMO is that this team played a bad game against a pretty good football team and lost, but this team is improving and will continue to improve. Nico will only get better. He is a freaking freshman starting in the SEC and his O-line had a rough game so he had a rough game.

It’s just one loss. Y’all’s team still has loads of potential. Nico still has tons of potential and talent. The season isn’t over. CJH is still a very good coach. Maybe TN isn’t yet quite as great as many of y’all thought, but I can say with 100% confidence that things aren’t nearly as bad as many of you are saying now. So you lost a game and there were times when the team didn’t look good during that game, so what? They looked great right after halftime. The Vols are a very good team.
Explain how the team is “improving”. I didn’t see any improvement last night from previous games

This is the Football Forum…..

Regardless of what happens, all you’ll find here are overreactions.

Reactions: EZE and Nooga
Anyone that wants to overreact after that turd show has every right to. From the top down, everyone deserves blame.

If you want to talk about being a "playoff team" or a team that could "win it all" you can't have performances like last night, nor should it be accepted. But most will go on saying things like "it happens" The problem is, we keep seeing the same problems reoccur over and over again and it's not getting better. The best teams sometimes don't play well, but they work through it and they get better as the season goes along.
Not happening with this team. We are what we are. An extremely undisciplined team, one that right now is poorly coached and has no player leaders.

Arkansas thoroughly outplayed Oklahoma State on the road and Texas A&M on a neutral site. Literally if not for a few turnovers they would have been a Top 15 team by game time yesterday. This time they were at home on prime time. Our offense underperformed, but I’ll be looking forward to seeing us get back to a rhythm at home. Nico is not Joe Milton. The guy has yet to have a meaningful game at home to this point. Winning on the road in the SEC isn’t easy. Let’s make sure it stays that way next week when we host Florida.

There was so much bad about last night. It's hard to know where to start. Just a trainwreck all around. The thought of this team being exposed on both sides of the ball is the most disheartening. This by a 3-2 Arkansas team that was whipped the week before by A&M. We had an extra week to get rested, work out and to game plan. What did we do during that week?

Arkansas thoroughly outplayed Oklahoma State on the road and Texas A&M on a neutral site. Literally if not for a few turnovers they would have been a Top 15 team by game time yesterday. This time they were at home on prime time. Our offense underperformed, but I’ll be looking forward to seeing us get back to a rhythm at home. Nico is not Joe Milton. The guy has yet to have a meaningful game at home to this point. Winning on the road in the SEC isn’t easy. Let’s make sure it stays that way next week when we host Florida.
Pretty easy to explain. Arkansas had zero turnovers last night after having a bunch in other games. Combine that with our poor performance (players and coaches) and you get what happened last night. After going up 14 to 3, I thought it was over but we let them hang around.

If we play like that the rest of the season, we’ll be lucky to be 8-4 and that is not overreacting
I predicted 7-5 and possibly 8-4 before the season started. We have not improved to the point of dominating anyone in SEC play. Tennessee needs a few more elite players. We are still a year or two away.

Reactions: Volbrando
I predicted 7-5 and possibly 8-4 before the season started. We have not improved to the point of dominating anyone in SEC play. Tennessee needs a few more elite players. We are still a year or two away.
We are always a year or two away.

We have to figure out what has happened to our offense and get a secondary

Pretty easy to explain. Arkansas had zero turnovers last night after having a bunch in other games. Combine that with our poor performance (players and coaches) and you get what happened last night. After going up 14 to 3, I thought it was over but we let them hang around.

The stupid running into the kicker changed the game. Go down and make it 21-3 or 17-3 after that stop and they fold.

Reactions: Delmar

VN Store

Back