Stop Overreacting

Ball didn’t drop our way. We didn’t play well on offense. Coaching was a concern. Hostile environment. 6th start for a red shirt freshman. Numerous holds on their chunk plays that weren’t called. Let’s see what happens against Florida and Bama. Do they bounce back like they have something to prove? This will either make or break us. One loss in the sec doesn’t say much. Stop over reacting. That could happen any given day. Especially today apparently. GO VOLS!!!
If we could just win out or one loss at the most, totally fine in my eyes.

Yep, people trying to pretend that he hasn't been in the program since 12/16/2022 in order to make themselves feel better.
He wasn't the reason we lost...with that being said that was a freshman moment.

He will get better but this offensive line and playcalling are much bigger problems right now

To be fair, Arkansas was due a big win. Green didn't make dumb turnovers. It was their 1st big home game.

I'll take the loss today if it means beating Florida. Bama has no defense and they get Kentucky at home as well. The season isn't lost. 10-2 was always the goal.

If Tenn was at home yesterday they beat Arkansas. I truly believe that.

Seriously, many of you are terribly overreacting……….again! Before the Arkansas game when TN was coming off of the wins many were thinking the exact opposite. I kept hearing that TN had the best defense in the country and also one of the top offenses in the country. That was an overreaction to winning and putting up some great stats. Now Nico is a terrible QB, and this team has no chance whatsoever to even sniff the Playoff because it will be a miracle if they don’t lose at least 4 or 5 more games.

Both of these were and are overreactions. The truth IMO is that this team played a bad game against a pretty good football team and lost, but this team is improving and will continue to improve. Nico will only get better. He is a freaking freshman starting in the SEC and his O-line had a rough game so he had a rough game.

It’s just one loss. Y’all’s team still has loads of potential. Nico still has tons of potential and talent. The season isn’t over. CJH is still a very good coach. Maybe TN isn’t yet quite as great as many of y’all thought, but I can say with 100% confidence that things aren’t nearly as bad as many of you are saying now. So you lost a game and there were times when the team didn’t look good during that game, so what? They looked great right after halftime. The Vols are a very good team.
It wasn't just the fans. Many of the "experts" had TN already in the playoffs. So the fans were hyped up!

Ball didn’t drop our way. We didn’t play well on offense. Coaching was a concern. Hostile environment. 6th start for a red shirt freshman. Numerous holds on their chunk plays that weren’t called. Let’s see what happens against Florida and Bama. Do they bounce back like they have something to prove? This will either make or break us. One loss in the sec doesn’t say much. Stop over reacting. That could happen any given day. Especially today apparently. GO VOLS!!!
Wait until Arkansas plays another game and craps the bed. This was a bad loss, nothing else to say about it. Yesterday proved nothing is certain in the SEC. Every game is going to be a fight. Can we beat every remaining SEC team on our schedule? It's possible, yes. It's also equally possible we could lose to every SEC team on our schedule.

Those acting like the season is already over really kill me.

Yes, it was a tough loss and a game we should have won, but the season is not done. Many of us were worried about this game, and it seems with good reason.

We tried to do the same thing we did against Oklahoma by turtling on offense when we got a lead, but it bit us this time.

Next 4 games are at home, and I think we’ll get things turned-around.

5 of the top 11 teams lost yesterday. Miami had to rally from 23 down to escape on the road. That’s just how college football goes sometimes.

Ark isn’t horrible. Goals are still in front of us.

Reactions: OrangeEtBlanc
Is that all? 🤣

Wait until Arkansas plays another game and craps the bed. This was a bad loss, nothing else to say about it. Yesterday proved nothing is certain in the SEC. Every game is going to be a fight. Can we beat every remaining SEC team on our schedule? It's possible, yes. It's also equally possible we could lose to every SEC team on our schedule.

Time always make people look silly who make excuses. The next team Arkansas plays with a pulse, they will take an L. Then it'll show even more it was a bad loss and we made them look good yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: atilla
Time always make people look silly who make excuses. The next team Arkansas plays with a pulse, they will take an L. Then it'll slow even more it was a bad loss and we made them look good yesterday.
I’m baffled by the number of comments that Arkansas is not a good team. Yeah, the same one that manhandled the Vol offense. Look at their record. With a couple of breaks, they could be 5-0. They’re not a great team, but they’re damned sure not a bad one.

Here’s the thing…….. we lost because we played really bad mentally. The effort was fine. Penalties broke our back throughout the game. Just some friendly observations from the game: 1. The running into the punter was a huge mistake by our player, it swing momentum and we never recovered. You go nowhere near that punter in that situation. 2. Crowd noise continues to impact this offense. We continue to struggle on the road offensively and it impacts playcalling because we cant use tempo and it snowballs from there. 3. Defenses are using the 3-2 & 3-3 looks upfront because they know our tendencies. The problem is if they have 5 or 6 in the box they know we are going to run. Then when the ball is snapped more players have rolled into the box and it confuses blocking assignments. Plus they scheme with slanting into gaps which compounds the problem of identifying who to block. Give credit to Arkansas coaches, they put together a scheme that gave Tennessee trouble. Offensively, they hurt us with underneath stuff and when it mattered most they gashed us with long runs. Defensively they kept us confused all night for the most part and offensive penalties kept us behind the chains to many times to get rhythm. Put Nico behind the chains he will struggle more times than not and factor in out struggles in protection and sacks will occur. Now, the big thing is how do our coaches and players respond? I think they will bounce back and beat Florida. It will be good to be back home. Remember, take Saban’s advice don’t eat the rat poison. Most everyone had Arkansas penciled in as a win just like Bama did with Vandy, like ole Miss did with Kentucky and Missouri did with A&M. On any given Saturday expect the unexpected if a team does not play well and we didn’t play well in Fayetteville.
The stupid running into the kicker changed the game. Go down and make it 21-3 or 17-3 after that stop and they fold.
Biggest momentum swing moment of the night. You don’t get within 5 yards of the punter in that situation. if his job is to make he punts then break down 5 yards from him. Really bad mental mistake by our player

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketskates
I’m baffled by the number of comments that Arkansas is not a good team. Yeah, the same one that manhandled the Vol offense. Look at their record. With a couple of breaks, they could be 5-0. They’re not a great team, but they’re damned sure not a bad one.

They are a team that make errors and can't get into the backfield in general.

The real question is what kind of team are we? If we can't beat a 3-2 Arkansas team coming off a bye week, then this team will finish between 7-5 and 9-3.

What I really find fascinating is this loss gives all the undisciplined fans and opportunity to create their own bonehead thread. Look at how many threads that could've been merged into a single thread.

I'm not specifically talking about this one but I had to post this in one of the threads "without creating a new one myself" in an ironic twist.

Eh the overreacting is easy to do right after a loss. The gut punch is realizing Tennessee was overrated and our coach got worked tonight. Nico just simply needs more time. He was crowned the second coming right after the bowl game and that's not his fault. That's asking a lot for a kid making his second true road start in tough environments. Truth is, we need a lot more from Heupel. Coming off a huge road win and a week off to prepare, we clearly expected different
You're doing this all wrong. You're suppose to cry like an infant that just got it's binkie pulled from it's mouth and it's the only thing keeping you alive.

It's amazing how so many act like that. They can't come here and discuss the issues, and there were plenty last night, no, they have to do exactly what they're doing. They already firing coaches, predicting the future and finding better things to do on Saturday's.

Reactions: Delmar
There was so much bad about last night. It's hard to know where to start. Just a trainwreck all around. The thought of this team being exposed on both sides of the ball is the most disheartening. This by a 3-2 Arkansas team that was whipped the week before by A&M. We had an extra week to get rested, work out and to game plan. What did we do during that week?
Dollywood

All I know is heupel has got to figure something out on offense. We can’t just lean on defense every game in this conference and expect good results.

You're doing this all wrong. You're suppose to cry like an infant that just got it's binkie pulled from it's mouth and it's the only thing keeping you alive.

It's amazing how so many act like that. They can't come here and discuss the issues, and there were plenty last night, no, they have to do exactly what they're doing. They already firing coaches, predicting the future and finding better things to do on Saturday's.
Yep. Makes you wonder what they do when REALLY bad things happen in their lives. It’s one thing to question and discuss things. It’s another to act like somebody just shot your dog or robbed your house and go off the rails. Unfortunately it’s a common problem in society today.

Reactions: Behr
I'm not going to make a comment either positively or negatively on Heupel, but the fact is his record at UCF regressed every year.

Out coached. Plain and simple. This time last year Pittman was all but fired. Not a good look for a 9 million dollar coach that has a bad habit of laying eggs.
Drop us names of some available Coaches that will never lay an egg. I’ll be waiting!

VN Store

Back