Stream Football on ABC?

LTVol

With ABC broadcasting three SEC football games per week in 2024, I'll need a way to get ABC. I don't have cable or satellite, and I stream via Sling. I've used HD antenna to watch games on CBS, but I dont get a consistent signal on ABC. Any suggestions for legal, inexpensive options for ABC?

With ABC broadcasting three SEC football games per week in 2024, I'll need a way to get ABC. I don't have cable or satellite, and I stream via Sling. I've used HD antenna to watch games on CBS, but I dont get a consistent signal on ABC. Any suggestions for legal, inexpensive options for ABC?
Just Vinmo me $9.99 a month as a small thank you for your steaming enjoyment…

The simplest answer is get a stronger antenna. If you're getting CBS fine, that means you just have a range issue with ABC. $50 will get you something quite powerful which is less than a month of YoutubeTV or Hulu Live.

Don't know if it helps, as locations receptive strengths differ. However, based on my rigging as applies to regular TV, years ago, I got a Channel Master antenna. Shocked at the price because when I got mine it was only $40, including taxes, and shipping. OK, I also married it to two additional things. Motorola signal booster. Programmable RCA Outdoor Antenna Rotator. Again, shocked at the price now. Back then, the rotor was about$29, iirc.

Results? The programmer was a pain to program. Settings would be fine a few days, then you lose channels and signals. The remote to the rotor didn't always work. So I programmed hands on the buttons. THEN, after about two months of that bull, (don't ask why, I don't know), everything started working as advertised. I haven't had to touch the programmer for about six years now.

Finally, last time I bothered to do so, depending on which way I pointed the antenna, I was able to pick up stations in NY, Detroit, Nashville, NC, VA, and more, but I got tired of playing with it. I'm in a rather rural KY area. Kind of place so small if you drove 60mph (don't!!) and sneezed at the welcome to sign, you're already outside the town limit. So, I finally got it set the way I wanted. I pull in 30 -33 channels, apparently, depending on the weather. Mostly the big four, kid channels, PBS, GRIT and MeTV, news channels, like Scrips, plus others I don't pay attention to. Sci-fi and merchandise selling channels. The big four? Crystal clear. What about streaming? I do that too. Right now it's HULU and NetFlix, plus lots of free channels on ROKU, lots of them. Vols football? Yeah, but I ain't telling how I do it. Loose lips sinks ships, you know. I am looking for an alternative that doesn't bleed me by increasing fees, sometimes twice annually. That pizzes off a lot of people.

ESPN+ doesn't get you ESPN/ABC programming.
But a sling login will get it on the watchespn app, which is the same app you get espn+ from. ABC games typically have an ESPN3 feed.

They have a dedicated channel for it in Sling even. Sling Orange with the sports tier should cover everything.

Already manned up and dropped cable two years ago. I don’t intend to go back v and pay their extortionist prices.
This is why folks walk away from cable and seek alternative access. The ever-increasing fees, the selective programming designed to force you to pay even more via Catch-22 schemes. The greedy bassards deserve to be pirated. They practically puni$h you for being a loyal customer.

Reactions: 91Vol and Frozevol
I use my gutters and soffit metal as an antenna. All my gutters do not touch, but all my soffit metal does. I do live in a big ole house. Tie a piece of RG-6 (CATV WIRE) to your existing cable, run it up inside the gutter and screw from gutter into soffit metal. I live in Mt. Juliet, I get 66 channels. We mostly use our fire stick, rarely ever use antenna except for college football.

I use my gutters and soffit metal as an antenna. All my gutters do not touch, but all my soffit metal does. I do live in a big ole house. Tie a piece of RG-6 (CATV WIRE) to your existing cable, run it up inside the gutter and screw from gutter into soffit metal. I live in Mt. Juliet, I get 66 channels. We mostly use our fire stick, rarely ever use antenna except for college football.
Pardon me if my ignorance is showing and glowing. But, isn't your setup for ham radio operators, rather than TV reception?

These days the website streaming from ABC requires a TV subscription service. You can get it over-the-air, though, with a digital TV tuner. FCC used to require analog broadcasters to provide a clear digital version of their channels, which would have meant you could plug in your TV to your cable and get the broadcast channels, but that requirement never applied to all-digital networks, which they all are by this point.

to me YouTube TV is the best option out there. If you pay $75 you can have 5 accounts to watch on unlimited devices in 4K. My brother and I live in different homes but split the $75 evenly and he logs in using his account at his hoise on his devices and I do the same at my house. I get everything plus more than what I had with DirecTV.

Reactions: FBtime
Where abouts do you live? Unless you've got mountains blocking you from your local network affiliate's transmitter, you should be able to pick up your local ABC on a fairly cheap antenna. Otherwise, ABC games usually stream on the ESPN app.

Pardon me if my ignorance is showing and glowing. But, isn't your setup for ham radio operators, rather than TV reception?
Nope, just broadcast TV. my antenna ties into where my catv wires (RG-6) come into my house. Where Comcast used to tie into my catv wires.

VN Store

Back