Strong and weak: Tennessee

I just glanced at the article, but was this just ranking on the offensive side of the ball? If not, overlooking the fact that we return one of the worst defenses in the history of organized football is a pretty glaring error. If our defense is going to give up 40-50 points a game to decent (or in Troy's case, terrible) competition, then nothing that happens on offense is even going to matter. We found that out last year.

It'll be all about our defense this season.
And I wouldn't judge it by last season's fiasco.
There's enough talent and depth to hold the line until the offense gels if the coaching is there, and it should be.
JMO

I thought our weak position was running back...
I don't understand how some think our running backs borderline suck. As if they are not good enough to contribute. Lane and Neal behind this OLine is not slop. Somebody's rushing for a 1,000+.

Reactions: 1 person
We will be fine at our passing game. We'll have to rely on short screens(like alabubba) and run the ball....with a few long balls.....but as long as we move the chains..hellhttp://www.volnation.com/forum/images/smilies/default/Peace2.gif

I don't understand how some think our running backs borderline suck. As if they are not good enough to contribute. Lane and Neal behind this OLine is not slop. Somebody's rushing for a 1,000+.

I agree. I don't know why everyone keeps saying our RBs are bad. Had Neal not gotten hurt he would have ended up with 850-900 yards and lane had almost 700 with minimum carries and an offense that threw it 40 times. They will be fine. Hill will help alot too.

I agree. I don't know why everyone keeps saying our RBs are bad. Had Neal not gotten hurt he would have ended up with 850-900 yards and lane had almost 700 with minimum carries and an offense that threw it 40 times. They will be fine. Hill will help alot too.

checking the stats, its interesting to ask if our lead back will bust 1000. we may have multiple rushers but still i agree with you about the negativity. last year we were very prolific in the passing game and that helped our rushing quite a bit. honestly though, this year i admit i have no idea what is going happen. its so much in the air, more than i can ever remember it being. but thats why is college football. we shall soon see. GV

At least he brought the program back from the brink, magically/incredibly/heroically improved the roster beyond what a mere mortal coach this side of Vince Lombardi possibly could have....... its just too bad the unsophisticated, non-professional peasants here on VolNation are unable to comprehend his brilliance......
You would think a brilliant coach would be able to put the correct number of players on the field for a goal line stand.

VN Store

Back