Submarine maker to add jobs amid $39 billion backlog in work

Had to laugh about Dick Blumenthal talking about “Un-manned” missions

Welders get much better pay and probably better working conditions in a shipyard than on a pipeline.

Submarine maker to add jobs amid $39 billion backlog in work

I am no expert such as yourself on pipelines, but would guess they use automatic welding systems for long range pipelines., so this not about welders. It is the concrete for the footers, valve and pump manfacturers, steel and pipe manufacturers, crane operators, truckers, laborers. A ripple of jobs.

No mention of wages. Who’s going to pay to relocate the families? Who the hell wants to live in Connecticut?

I had a friend in 1992 in Mooresville, NC that was hispanic and from Conn. I was new in town, fresh out of college and living at the Country Club Apts just across the street from the municipal golf course. I met him because his boss at the prop shop was my next door neighbor and became a friend, who incidentally was a big UT fan. BTW, he borrowed my 1991 UT/ND game VHS tape and never got it back..lol

Eddie from Conn was such a good guy and told me all bout the situation with gangs and such and how glad he was out of Conn, and everyone trated him like a brother. He did not undertand UT football, but somehow he understood.

Those early days were so great...everyone hung at the pool, played tennis, shoot hoops, rode bikes around the golf course golf cart track late evening, mothers watched out for each others children, kids pilled up in my little apartment to watch football. I would take Willie, who was one of the few black kids to the store to buy him some candy and made sure he was part of the group, NASCAR crewman would bring home a car and crank it up on a Sat morning and wake everyone up and no one cared.

A crappy constructed low cost home for everyone and it was just great. That seemed so American to me.

Good times.. and screw u Brian for keeping my VHS. Guess I can let it go now as my VHS player has been trashed..lol

Loved this game - watched by myself wearing my star Vols cap at the base pizza joint in Orlando - some dudes walked thru heckling me at 31-7, still amazed the Vols won

Floyd Miley, Andy Kelly, Dale Carter, Von Reeves and Aaron Hayden - thanks for the memories

Edit: forgot Jeremy Lincoln and his butt blocking the game winning FG try

Last edited:

Good times.. and screw u Brian for keeping my VHS. Guess I can let it go now as my VHS player has been trashed..lol

Maybe Brian uploaded it to youtube.....

I'm about due for my yearly Miracle in South Bend rewatch.

Oh and . . . ., there's really not too much difference in the pay scale between pipe welders & shipyard welders.

Pipe welders probably make a little bit more than shipyard welders. That's due to the necessity of journeyman welders willing to travel for pipelines aspect. Most shipyard welders are permanent residents that work out of a dry dock. A lot of the pipe segments & fittings are automated, but there's still a huge need for fabricators in the field.

This entire thread is an asinine comparison anyways. It's not even apples to oranges or a fruit to vegetables comparison. We need a military and we need infrastructure.

Maybe Brian uploaded it to youtube.....

I'm about due for my yearly Miracle in South Bend rewatch.

Oh and . . . ., there's really not too much difference in the pay scale between pipe welders & shipyard welders.

Pipe welders probably make a little bit more than shipyard welders. That's due to the necessity of journeyman welders willing to travel for pipelines aspect. Most shipyard welders are permanent residents that work out of a dry dock. A lot of the pipe segments & fittings are automated, but there's still a huge need for fabricators in the field.

This entire thread is an asinine comparison anyways. It's not even apples to oranges or a fruit to vegetables comparison. We need a military and we need infrastructure.

Good post.

Loved this game - watched by myself wearing my star Vols cap at the base pizza joint in Orlando - some dudes walked thru heckling me at 31-7, still amazed the Vols won

Floyd Miley, Andy Kelly, Dale Carter, Von Reeves and Aaron Hayden - thanks for the memories

At least we knew how to win the second half once upon a time

Edit: forgot Jeremy Lincoln and his butt blocking the game winning FG try

Floyd Miley soo fast he over ran the FG block...Fat Bottom Guys make the world go round too..lol

No mention of wages. Who’s going to pay to relocate the families? Who the hell wants to live in Connecticut?

What's it to you? Is it that you just cannot stop crying and complaining? Seriously, what is wrong with you?

What's it to you? Is it that you just cannot stop crying and complaining? Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Who are you to tell people to move because a demented, worthless, half century failure of a politician unnecessarily abolished tens of thousands of jobs? Why don’t you go build a f***ing submarine?!

VN Store

Back