Summerhill

Summerhill has put on about 20 pounds since the beginning of last season and is up to 210 on his 5-foot-9 frame, but he said he’s actually gotten faster. Specifically, he believes he’s improved most in his reads and recognizing defensive alignments.

He’s also excited about new Vols coach Butch Jones and his staff. “It’s a new atmosphere,” Summerhill said. “Coach Jones, he just brings enthusiasm. He brings more discipline, a fast-paced offense that’s going to help us out a whole lot.

“We’re going to be a whole lot better. We’re going to win because we have more discipline, we’re more in shape, we’re going to win fourth quarters as a team.”

Ex-Deshler ace excited about future with Vols - College Headlines - Mobile Adv

Reactions: 4 people
Summerhill did look great, against Austin Peay ... and a tired AP defense at that. I don't doubt the kids got the abilities, but Neal is definitely our starter.

Summerhill has put on about 20 pounds since the beginning of last season and is up to 210 on his 5-foot-9 frame, but he said he’s actually gotten faster. Specifically, he believes he’s improved most in his reads and recognizing defensive alignments.

He’s also excited about new Vols coach Butch Jones and his staff. “It’s a new atmosphere,” Summerhill said. “Coach Jones, he just brings enthusiasm. He brings more discipline, a fast-paced offense that’s going to help us out a whole lot.

“We’re going to be a whole lot better. We’re going to win because we have more discipline, we’re more in shape, we’re going to win fourth quarters as a team.”

Ex-Deshler ace excited about future with Vols - College Headlines - Mobile Adv

I tried to start a thread on this article when it first appeared in the TimesDaily a couple of months back but unfortunately I didn't have enough posts to do it.

He played great with the second team, so that says something, too..

Summerhill looked impressive against his competition. It would be nice to see another running back challenging playing time against Lane/Neal.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm very surprised this is a thread. I'm even more surprised by some of the comments in this thread.

the kid took advantage of the opportunity given him. i would think it should get him a snap or 2 next week.

Summerhill reminded me a lot of Travis Stephens about the same size 5'9" 196 I think he can be of value really hits the hole fast, has moves and good speed. He was running with the same line as Smith and looking like the better runner 7.3 yards per carry Smith 3.2

He takes the ball and is in full stride when he gets to the LOS! Lane and Neal wait for an opening to develop between the tackles. I like this kid and would also like to see him get more opportunities.

GO VOLS!!

He takes the ball and is in full stride when he gets to the LOS! Lane and Neal wait for an opening to develop between the tackles. I like this kid and would also like to see him get more opportunities.

GO VOLS!!

Agree.

Kid runs hard.

VN Store

Back