SUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

My picks were San Fran and Baltimore.
I felt both teams were the most talented.
FYI, I don't like either of them, and I'm currently batting zero.😆

Let's go Detroit, get r done.

Reactions: MAD
No. Offsides can be declined. KC would just decline the penalty. Personal foul is automatic 15 no matter what. That’s why he did it
Are you sure about that? I don't know of any NFL rule that says a PF cannot be declined

That’s a brilliant play by Roquan. You can decline offsides but personal foul is automatic. That way they have to take the penalty
Except you don't blow guy up..
No. Offsides can be declined. KC would just decline the penalty. Personal foul is automatic 15 no matter what. That’s why he did it
That’s a great point. I hadn’t thought of that
Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes offsides can be declined, but offsides is just lining up in (or past) the neutral zone without contact (it’s why the offense gets a free play).

if he touches the offensive player before the snap, it becomes encroachment, which doesn't allow for a play to be run (it’s a dead ball foul), and doesn’t take any time off the clock. Even if they could decline - which I’m not sure they even can with encroachment - to try to make it a 1st and 5 scenario, Baltimore could just encroach again to prevent a play from being run (and the clock from being run).

(I also think you can decline personal fouls, just no one ever really does.)

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes offsides can be declined, but offsides is just lining up in (or past) the neutral zone without contact (it’s why the offense gets a free play).

if he touches the offensive player before the snap, it becomes encroachment, which doesn't allow for a play to be run (it’s a dead ball foul), and doesn’t take any time off the clock. Even if they could decline - which I’m not sure they even can with encroachment - to try to make it a 1st and 5 scenario, Baltimore could just encroach again to prevent a play from being run (and the clock from being run).

(I also think you can decline personal fouls, just no one ever really does.)
Yeah, you are correct. I think any penalty can be declined.

Campbell said it last week. It's the playoffs, no one's going to just lay down.

VN Store

Back