Super Bowl Predictions

OMG why isn't Phily in a hurry up offense? 2:20 to go, down by 10 and they just casually huddle up and walk to the line of scrimmage.

I don't care who wins but I figured the Pats would have won it....They've been here before and know how to win...This is like an out of body experience for the Eagles....They've not been able to get over the hump and this a new thing for them...If the Eagles make it next year they may win it

Eagles will get the ball with about 50 seconds left. All they need is a FG. This should be good.

Well its over.

I really was not impressed with McNabb. IMO he cost them game. Along with that horrible 2 minute drill if you can even call it that.

Yeah I was kind of wondering what he was thinking...Mcnabb didn't even take a decent shot down field......Oh well....Hopefully the Falcons will make it there next year

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 6, 2005 5:24 PM
I don't really care who wins tonight but if I were a bettin man and I had to make a bet I would take the Pats by a field goal

Patriots 24

Eagles 21

DAYUMMM!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Freakin' McNabb and Andy Reid fudged it up. Their second to last drive was some of the worst clock management I've ever seen in my life.

Good pick Ainge. I really thought that once the Pats got up by 10 and got that turnover in the 4th quarter that the blowout I predicted would begin to take shape, but it just didn't happen.

Eagles defense wasn't quite consistent enough, but they played spectacularly when the stakes got high.

well i just took me about 45 minutes to drive 5 minutes down the street. that was a pretty good game, kinda dissapointed, but maybe thats because i was surrounded by eagle fans........... oh well. man were they going nuts, but there is no way branch sould have got the mvp. weres my love for T.O.

I think it's happened before, but it would seem to kind of defeat the purpose.

I enjoyed watching McNabb struggle, me and a friend have this ongoing argument about the better QB, I say Peyton and he says Donovan.

He likes bringing up Peytons "chokes" against Florida and against New England in the playoffs, so I felt some justification when McNabb just flat out sucked out there.

Yes the MVP can be on the losing team, it's happened once. I forget his name but he was a LB for the Cowboys back in the 70's, they lsot but he got MVP honors.

i wouldnt say it was a choke. new england is just a good team.

Yeah - I'm not sure you can call it a choke when a guy throws for 350 yards and two TDs. He did make a couple of big mistakes, but when you have to throw it 50+ times, bad things are bound to happen against a defense like the Pats.

Philly choked. Terrible clock management and a shoddy performance by McNabb. You can't throw three interceptions and win the big one.

I thought Philly did ok.....even though McNabb had a great game he was to inconsistent when it mattered.....he'll be back and win it one day.....

If McNabb is going to win a Super Bowl, Philly has to find a running game. Running for 45 total yards in a close game isn't going to get it done.

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Feb 6, 2005 8:06 PM
I thought Philly did ok.....even though McNabb had a great game he was to inconsistent when it mattered.....he'll be back and win it one day.....

If a QB was 29 for 30 and had one interception that loses the game, it would not be good. The thing that matters is coming through when it counts.

I'm not even sure Staley would have helped. Looked like more of a gameplan issue . . . 70 plays with only 17 rushing attempts????

I know they were playing from behind in the 4th quarter, but I'm not sure that I ever want McNabb to have to thow it 53 times.

True but NE went two deep at RB tonight.....Philly didn't even try to change it up....Staley and Westbrook would have given them better options

I hate NE with a passion!!! I just cannot stand them!!! I hope my Tampa Bay Buccaneers wax them next year!!!

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 6, 2005 10:48 PM
Can the game MVP even be on the losing team?

Dallas Cowboys LB Chuck Howley won MVP in the Super Bowl V loss to the Baltimore Colts, 16-13.

HowleyDal_185x250.jpg

Howley,Chuck6.jpg

Philly cost themselves a chance to win at the end with their lack of a hurry up offense. There were plenty of holes in the New England secondary. It is too bad Mcnabb was so inconsistant, he could have played better. Oh well, at least Brady didn't get the MVP again.

Gunner

:gun:

VN Store

Back