Tauren Poole

StunnA N' Orange

He's still running...
Based on watching his videos on Rivals, he reminds me so much of Travis Stephens in his running style.. Granted he's about 3 inches taller, and should be bigger, but he looks to be a good one.. He breaks tackles just like him, he has that quickness and dangerous first step he had, and then he has the same burst Travis showed in the open field.. If you havn't seen his videos, your really missing out. :rock:

I thought the same thing, the only thing that really bothered me about him was his 40.

Yeah, but it should improve alot this summer.. Let's see what he runs in the 40 in the spring or summer. Most of the time, there times go down given they have had a year to improve them. We'll see tho.

Im not familiar with what the rest of the class of 08 has to offer but it looks as if Poole might be around the top of the class for running backs... does anyone know where he is ranked?

Im not familiar with what the rest of the class of 08 has to offer but it looks as if Poole might be around the top of the class for running backs... does anyone know where he is ranked?

Rivals did not list him in their 250 to watch for 2008...I still think he'll end up a 4-star.

Also, those tapes of Tauren are from his sophmore year. He had a monster season last year.. When they see some recent footage and if he has a good camp this summer, I can see him being a top 100 player or at least 250.

This is old news...and he's not our top prospect.
Yeah, Arron Douglas has one more star, but when you stop to consider how little the TE position has been utilized at UT, and how badly the Vols need a dominant RB, I'd have to say Poole is the one current commit that UT most needs to hang onto.

Yeah, Arron Douglas has one more star, but when you stop to consider how little the TE position has been utilized at UT, and how badly the Vols need a dominant RB, I'd have to say Poole is the one current commit that UT most needs to hang onto.

I'd say Lennon Creer fills the need for running back quite nicely...that's not to say that we don't need Poole. I hope we hang onto him.

Douglas and Johnson may be bigger commitments.

I think that this class resembles our last recruiting class. We're laying an early foundation with solid prospects from all across the southeast, and we're involved with lots of high-profile players from all across the country. I think this will end up as another top 10 class nationally.

Where do you guys get your information on who we are recruiting actively, i dont want to get any subscription services, but i cant find any info otherwise

I really don't think we land Poole in the end but it is no big deal. We only plan on taking 1, maybe 2, RBs. Chris Jordan could be one. There are a few others that, imo, are better than Poole looking at us.

Good. I would put him in the range with Poole. Both are solid 3* guys at this point. Floyd plans on being a Vol as long as we only sign like 2 DBs which I don't know will happen. We may lose Floyd and Poole, but we can replace them with better options.

Good. I would put him in the range with Poole. Both are solid 3* guys at this point. Floyd plans on being a Vol as long as we only sign like 2 DBs which I don't know will happen. We may lose Floyd and Poole, but we can replace them with better options.

So who are the 3 you have in the top 250 that you mentioned? Bell, Douglas, and Johnson?

At the time, Johnson, Douglas, and Poole. Right now, I would say Douglas is the only one, though Bell has an outside shot.

Most definitely. Sometimes it has to do with politics. Sometimes kids that are committed so early don't go to camps and get seen. There are other reasons, but, yeah, alot of early commits get the shaft in rankings.

Darius Ashley looks like he will be a stud in college. Is he pretty strong? It says he benches 225 16 times.

Ashley is a stud, and he really seems to like the Vols whenever he gives an interview.

I think Jordan would be a better LB, but his heart is at RB.

VN Store

Back