Tauren Poole

Do we really need more than 1 RB this year. We already have 3 there, and we signed a bunch last year. Duck Lindsey will be transferring in next year too, I think.

I thought they were taking Linsdey as a LB? Either way..I think he should try fullback. I don't know if he has the blocking skills however.

Either way I would look for 2 RB's this year. You can't have too many in the SEC :yes:

We may take more than 1, but my guess is that, if we do, at least one will be able to play multiple positions.

Yeah, Arron Douglas has one more star, but when you stop to consider how little the TE position has been utilized at UT, and how badly the Vols need a dominant RB, I'd have to say Poole is the one current commit that UT most needs to hang onto.

The KNS actually reported today that Douglas may visit other schools, said he would like to visit Southern Cal, who has sent him a few letters, no offer. But his mother played hoops at UT and his dad played football, so I don't see him going anywhere else but on The Hill.

Yeah, no need to worry on Douglas. I don't blame him. If USC wanted me to visit, I'd be there in a heartbeat. No biggy. JT Floyd and Taurean Poole are the two I'd worry about, but I still wouldn't worry because we have better players on our board.

You want the early guys to help build momentum. When they commit and then drop you it has the opposite effect, it hurts your efforts.

But we can pick and choose this year since we will bring in such a small class. No need to rush into taking subpar players just for momentum sake. We may have cooled on some of our commits(Poole, Floyd). I'm not sure.

i agree with HV.. i say we take it slow and pick only top notch talent.. since were only gonna have around a 17-20 class.. i hope that they are all high 3 stars or better.. :)

I just hope we hit our needs. We will land good instate talent and some highly rated skill players as well, though.

VN Store

Back