TBA needs new center court logo and new design in general

BigZiti09

Sheep
I brought this up in another thread and it seems there's a lot of people who agree.

That curved TENNESSEE logo at mid court is hideous and has zero character. IMO we need to bring back the state logo and put it on center court.

Someone also mentioned a water mark checkerboard design.

What else?

Reactions: 5 people
I'd love for them to do a throwback court to Stokely. Even though UT basketball has never been great traditionally, you knew instantly who was on TV when the shot of the center court came on screen.

I'd love to bring back the midcourt state logo, but keep the checkerboard ends.

Reactions: 3 people
No it doesn't. And the current design isn't really that old anyway.

I didn't say it was old. I'm saying it is boring. The state logo at mid court was cool. No need to change it. I'd be happy if they just brought it back.

Yea...Why don't we change pull out all of those stupid urinals too! I am much more partial to the troughs! Urinals are for the less endowed sissies! (Sarcasm)

The floor is great the way it is! Go VOLS! Sweet Sixteen bound!

Reactions: 1 person
Yea...Why don't we change pull out all of those stupid urinals too! I am much more partial to the troughs! Urinals are for the less endowed sissies! (Sarcasm)

The floor is great the way it is! Go VOLS! Sweet Sixteen bound!

There is nothing great about that midcourt logo. The Power T would be better, the state logo would be best.

I didn't say it was old. I'm saying it is boring. The state logo at mid court was cool. No need to change it. I'd be happy if they just brought it back.

Okay, since you're going this route, if we were to change anything, I'd say keep the arched 'TENNESSEE' at midcourt, and put a darker silhouetted shape of the state behind it, but that's all I'd ever want to change at this point, if I had to change something.

I just think that too many of these courts lately are too 'noisy' with the way they look, and I think that ours looks like a perfect mix between "BAM IN YOUR FACE!" and "Boring and Character-less".

JMO. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
I don't like the current "logo" at all. It looks like a word art someone did up really quick in powerpoint.

the UT state logo would be excellent. Or even the power T.

Reactions: 1 person
66040_TBBasketballCourt450.jpg

While we're at it, let's redesign the outside of TBA. Looks like a bunch of people walking into a metal box on game days.

Okay, since you're going this route, if we were to change anything, I'd say keep the arched 'TENNESSEE' at midcourt, and put a darker silhouetted shape of the state behind it, but that's all I'd ever want to change at this point, if I had to change something.

I just think that too many of these courts lately are too 'noisy' with the way they look, and I think that ours looks like a perfect mix between "BAM IN YOUR FACE!" and "Boring and Character-less".

JMO. :hi:

Like Texas A&M sorta. The rest of the court has a lighter tint than the state outline at center court. And the lanes are the darker wood also. That would look good.

Last edited:
...but the inside, my ol my is it sexy :)

I love the inside of Thompson best arena in the NCAA!!!!!!!! Except for all the blue hairs who don't cheer or do ****, and yell at us cause we show passion. **** the blue hairs!!!!!!!

I love the inside of Thompson best arena in the NCAA!!!!!!!! Except for all the blue hairs who don't cheer or do ****, and yell at us cause we show passion. **** the blue hairs!!!!!!!

Idk what old people have to do with the inside of TBA. I just wanted to express my dislike for them.

I like the current mid-court logo. It's the right color & says all it needs to say.

VN Store

Back