Tebow should not even be playing for Florida or for that fact, not playing at all

actually, i think you can play whether you're homeschooled or not. and it doesn't matter. why even bring this up???

While I think the original post is ridiculous (Tebow didn't do anything he was not allowed to do), I think it's a little silly that someone not attending a school can play sports for that school. That doesn't make sense to me.

I can't tell if you're serious or not... i was just stealing a line from Dodgeball..
Right when i posted it, i figured this would happen when you read it haha.

It looks like you quoted DovaVol but addressed me. I'm confused, but that's not unusual.

While I think the original post is ridiculous (Tebow didn't do anything he was not allowed to do), I think it's a little silly that someone not attending a school can play sports for that school. That doesn't make sense to me.

It might not make sense, but that is a matter for the Florida HS sports authorities. It has no bearing at all on his college eligibility.

Back when I was in high school - someone wanted to do the same thing here in Tennessee... first they made him enroll in like 1 class.. so he took like PE or something.. then came back and made him become a full time student to be eligible to play. I think it should be consistent through out the country to make it more fair.. but I don't care either way.. would just make more sense.

I was homeschooled in Florida but I also played baseball at my local high school just like I took PE there and other classes that I didn't feel I could get at home. You can also attend any school functions such as graduations, proms, or any other activities. I don't see too much problem with is since my parents pay the same taxes as everyone else.

I was homeschooled in Florida but I also played baseball at my local high school just like I took PE there and other classes that I didn't feel I could get at home. You can also attend any school functions such as graduations, proms, or any other activities. I don't see too much problem with is since my parents pay the same taxes as everyone else.

Well they need to make it consistent everywhere - I don't really have much of a problem with it.

you can play high school sports in Tennessee and Virginia even if you're home schooled. I've heard about it in other states as well, so it evidently is fairly consistent. I've even known of instances where a HS didn't have a particular sport so students have played at other schools close by.

This is the most ridiculous opinion I've ever read on VN. And that says A LOT.

Ohio allows home-schoolers to participate in local high school extracurriculars.

The parents are paying taxes plus participation fees, but the kid's absence in normal classes is certainly helping the student:teacher ratio.

you can play high school sports in Tennessee and Virginia even if you're home schooled. I've heard about it in other states as well, so it evidently is fairly consistent. I've even known of instances where a HS didn't have a particular sport so students have played at other schools close by.

This is the most ridiculous opinion I've ever read on VN. And that says A LOT.

Then explain to me why the player I went to high school with was told he had to only enroll in 1 class (so he took PE) then was later informed by our AD he had to be a full time student here in Tennessee which he ended up doing anyway since it was just for a semester?

This is the most ridiculous opinion I've ever read on VN. And that says A LOT.[/QUOTE]

that does say a wholeeeee lot

Then explain to me why the player I went to high school with was told he had to only enroll in 1 class (so he took PE) then was later informed by our AD he had to be a full time student here in Tennessee which he ended up doing anyway since it was just for a semester?

I don't know. Maybe your AD didn't want him on team, because it's flat out not true. I know HSers that were home schooled yet one played basketball while his sister was a cheerleader for one year. The cheerleading thing didn't last, but he played bball for at least two years.

That's odd.. guess our school was just retarded then. It was his senior year spring semester and was playing baseball.. so he just took meaningless classes for a few months.

Not a bit. Just sick of hearing about how we Vol fans should bow down and worship Teblow just because he won the Heisman and how awful we are because we refuse to waste bandwidth discussing him.

LIO I'd be happy to not even see a Tebow thread at all.:hi:

VN Store

Back