Tee Martin is getting hosed

shodges119

So can anyone tell me why Tee Martin has only gotten to throw the ball 7 times in 5 years as a pro. Course the bright moment in that is he has now thrown a TD to Jerry Rice. I mean Rick Mirer got the starts over him. It took 4 QB injuries in Oakland for him to even get to wear the uniform. I think it's odd because any other National Championship QB would have had his shot by now. Jeez Krenzel got a shot in Chicago. Anyone else kinda irritated by that? Tee could be another McNair if given the opportunity. Now he's not even on a roster!!! Good grief that annoys me to no end.

shodges119

actually tee made it up to canada this year.. was signed by the winnipeg blue bombers if my memory serves me correct... not sure if he too any snaps this year or not.. never actually watched a game of theirs.. but it was on the sports ticker during the cfl football season.. see how he does up here... who knows.. he could have a couple good years and end up as a started in the nfl like garcia or flutie

I just know that after he played the last two games of the season for Oakland in 2003 they released him. He did not appear on a NFL roster this year. Which in my mind is a crime.

He led them to the NFL Europe superbowl. Chad Hutchinson beat him in the Super Bowl. If I remember correctly. But that was 3 years ago, I WANT HIM TO PLAY NOW!!!!!! Hahaha

Tee Martin IMO was a good college QB and a horrible pro QB......If he had talent, he would be playing somewhere in the NFL! I believe he signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers after the Raiders let him go!

here is the carreer that tee followed so far...

THE CFL YEARS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS - 2004

Tee Signed with the Bombers after being released by Oakland of the NFL.

THE NFL YEARS – OAKLAND RAIDERS – 2004

The Raiders re-signed Martin Mar. 11, 2004. He attended their 2004 training camp but the team released him Sept. 1, 2004.

THE NFL YEARS – OAKLAND RAIDERS – 2003

The Raiders first signed Martin, Feb. 23, 2003. He then attended the team’s 2003 training camp. Oakland waived him Aug. 26, 2003 only to add him to their practice roster a week later on Sept. 4, 2003.

He was a practice roster player until the team activated him Nov. 5, 2003. He remained on the active roster until the conclusion of the 2003 NFL season.

He saw action in two games, completing 6-of-16 pass attempts for 69 yards and an interception. He also rushed five times for 28 yards.

THE NFL YEARS – PHILADELPHIA EAGLES – 2002

The Eagles signed Martin as a free agent, Nov. 27, 2002. He was on the Eagles practice roster for the rest of the 2002 season.

THE NFL YEARS – PITTSBURGH STEELERS – 2002

Martin returned to the Steelers after a season in NFL-Europe. He attended the team’s 2002 training camp but was released at its conclusion.

THE NFL-EUROPE YEARS – RHEIN FIRE – 2002

The Steelers allocated Martin to Rhein Fire of NFL-Europe in the spring of 2002. Martin had a fine season, leading Rhein to an appearance in the World Bowl X Championship Game (26-20 loss, Rhein @ Berlin, June 22, 2002).

Martin finished the season completing 101-of-203 pass attempts for 1,017 yards, five touchdowns and six interceptions.

THE NFL YEARS – PITTSBURGH STEELERS – 2001

Martin made the Steelers for the second-straight season, suiting up mostly as the team’s third quarterback. He saw action in one game (Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland, Jan. 6, 2002) and rushed one time for eight yards.

THE NFL YEARS – PITTSBURGH STEELERS – 2000

The Steelers selected Martin in the 5th Round (163rd Overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft, held Apr. 15, 2000.

Martin made the team out of training camp and was the third quarterback for 15 of the Steelers 16 games in 2000, serving as the backup quarterback for the other contest.

THE COLLEGE YEARS – TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS

Martin was one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play for U.S. college powerhouse Tennessee Volunteers.

Martin, who played two seasons with Payton Manning at Tennessee, rates 4th on the school’s career record books with 326 completions on 588 pass attempts for 4,592 yards, 32 touchdowns. He totaled 5,206 yards of total offence when his rushing numbers are factored in.

He was an SEC First-Team All-Star in his senior year of 1999 after going 165-of-301 for 2,317 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also ran 81 times for 317 yards and nine touchdowns – a total that remains a school record for quarterback rushing scores.

Starting every game as a junior in 1998, Martin led the Vols to a National Championship, as they defeated Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl.

That season, Martin completed 153-of-267 passes for 2,164 yards, 19 touchdowns and six interceptions. He rushed 103 times for 287 yards and seven touchdowns.

Martin saw limited action behind Manning in his freshman and sophomore seasons, hitting the field for only five games in each season.

THE HIGH-SCHOOL YEARS – WILLIAMSON LIONS

Martin was one of the top American high-school footballers during his time at Williamson High School in Mobile, Alabama.

A four-year starter at quarterback, Martin also punted during his high-school career. He was a Parade All-American as a senior and was named the top player in the state of Alabama by the magazine. He was an All-State All-Star at both quarterback and punter as a senior.

He completed 245-of-558 passes for 4,054 yards and 36 touchdowns and rushed for 1,035 yards and 13 more scores for his prep career. He averaged 43.3-yards per punt.

He also competed in basketball and track-and-field for Williamson.

Counting the World Bowl, Tee played in 10 NFL-Europe games. He completed 127-of-245 for 1298 yards, 6 TDs and 8 ints. The Rhein Fire were mainly a running team and Tee led them to a 7-3 record when he started (note he played one series in their last regular season loss).

The Tee Martin Web Page

Originally posted by shodges119@Jan 11, 2005 4:54 PM
He led them to the NFL Europe superbowl. Chad Hutchinson beat him in the Super Bowl. If I remember correctly. But that was 3 years ago, I WANT HIM TO PLAY NOW!!!!!! Hahaha

actually Martin had a bummed knee, and didn't play in the NFL Europe Championship.

Surely he's better than Craig Krenzel. :yuck: After all he did complete 23 concecutice passes in a game. I think he messed up his shoulder in the '99 UF game and hasn't been right since.

You can edit your posts by clicking the "edit" button on the right side.

Just fyi.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Jan 11, 2005 5:20 PM
Tee Martin was not one of the greatest QB's to play at UT.

I would say that about every person on the team had to be at least "pretty darn good" in order for their team to win a national championship.

I didn't say he wasn't good but he's not one of the greatest QB at UT. I can name 10 better.
The championship team was led by Al Wilson and on Offense T Henry

Originally posted by BWeller18+Jan 11, 2005 7:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BWeller18 @ Jan 11, 2005 7:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shodges119@Jan 11, 2005 4:54 PM
He led them to the NFL Europe superbowl.  Chad Hutchinson beat him in the Super Bowl.  If I remember correctly.  But that was 3 years ago,  I WANT HIM TO PLAY NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;  Hahaha

actually Martin had a bummed knee, and didn&#39;t play in the NFL Europe Championship. [/quote]
Sorry, but Martin passed 24-of-43 for 281 yards, 2 total tds (1 pass and 1 rush), 2 int in the 26-20 loss. The Fire were down 20 pts at the half and scrapped the running game in favor of Martin&#39;s passing. The Fire scored 20 second half points in a valiant but short comeback. Todd Husak led Berlin in passing with 176 yards on 18-of-34 passing. Hassalback was 2-of-4 for 24 yards.

I&#39;ve attached a picture of Tee Martin&#39;s rushing TD that pulled the Fire within 26-20 in the last minutes of World Bowl X.

Attachments

• 2002_rheinscore.jpg
    2002_rheinscore.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
Attached World Bowl X stats....

Attachments

• worldbowl_stats.htm
    144.1 KB · Views: 5
I always thought Tee would get a shot and make the best out of it but that just hasn&#39;t happened. :dunno: Maybe that&#39;s why I&#39;m not a NFL scout. I still love you Tee&#33;

He was out of practice squad options this season, that is why Oakland cut him and nobody picked him up. Winnipeg (CFL) owned his rights and was excited about signing him. In the least, if he is successful in Canada, he might get one more shot at the NFL.

Tee didn&#39;t do well with Winnipeg. He never really had a chance. The only former VOL who did well in the CFL was Jermain Copeland. I don&#39;t suspect Tee will last long in Winnipeg. Edmonton was looking at Tee for a QB, but apparently he&#39;s let it be known he doesn&#39;t have a lot of "good feelings" towards the CFL so most teams are looking at him as backup or last ditch. Too bad because from what I&#39;ve seen of the CFL game, Tee would probably do well here.

VN Store

Back