Ten questions going into August

Chavis was a great coordinator. Bet people would live to have him back. I wish Tennessee would have at least offered him the HC job out of respect for what he had done for the university.

I preface this by saying I am a huge Fulmer fan...

Chavis is still an excellent DC (see his success at LSU). Sadly, Fulmer pulled the reins on him and his defensive play calls. After UT won the BCS in'98, I remember hearing CPF in an interview saying he didn't like how the BCS was set up. He said it wasn't about just winning any more, but you had to embarrass your opponent to move up in the poles, and that sportsmanship had been taken out of the game. This is when we started seeing conservative play calling, starters taken out of the game, etc when we had maybe a 13 point lead early in the 3'rd quarter of games. Then teams would come back and tie or take the lead on us, and we couldn't get our intensity back. Anyone remember a marginal lead and seeing us with 3 runs and a punt on offense, and zone/prevent type defenses that seemed to let sure wins get away from us, post '98 championship. So IMO, Fulmer's sense of sportsmanship may well have played a part in his eventual demise. Just my 2¢ worth of opinion.

Go Vols!!!

Last edited:
He is more of a running threat than Bray ever was(anybody is more of a running threat than Bray). Is he a physical quarterback that can take a hit, probably not. If you look at the orange and white game, Peterman looks like he would keep a defense honest. He would be the QB most likely to scramble for 10-15 yards. You have to remember that Butch wanted him at Cincy.
That's what im saying..Eventually even if Worley starts the year i think someone else finishes it.. To be successful this year i think the threat of run out of your QB will be a must. Especially against better teams. Even if the dual threat guy cant pass as well i think its a good trade off.

I hope Pig does have a breakout year, but am I the only one that thought he got creamed a bunch last year. I know Bray screwed him a few times. But he was kinda lackluster last year, didn't follow the hype, at least not yet. I see North coming on strong as the year progresses.

VN Store

Back