Tennessee 2013 and A&M 2012

He's right though gator, that is an easy schedule in hindsight - Love the dig at us in the last sentence.

And Bama had 3 turnovers - A&M had zero, so you could say they were lucky

How would they have done with tennessee's 2012 schedule?

How would they have done with tennessee's 2012 schedule?

Probably the same final record, with the 2 losses being Georgia & Florida.

They were clearly a better team then us last year, so, yea...

And just for clarification, by no means do I think UT will pull an A&M this year.

Probably the same final record, with the 2 losses being Georgia & Florida.

They were clearly a better team then us last year, so, yea...

And just for clarification, by no means do I think UT will pull an A&M this year.

The point was they were a good team, regardless of what you think of the schedule.

And beating bama alone provides instant street cred

Love the alabama comment. Can't really dog them for that win so throw in a "so, so, so lucky and barely won" comment out there.

Didn't know teams have been routinely crushing Alabama so that "barely" winning isn't all that impressive.

They've won more sec games in the last three seasons than Tennessee and weren't even a member of the league until last season

It wasnt even a lucky win. They beat Bama pretty solid. Not like it had some crazy stupid finish like our 2010 LSU game.

273354d1372826903-random-m5-pic-day-oh-snap.gif

hehehehehehe

It wasnt even a lucky win. They beat Bama pretty solid. Not like it had some crazy stupid finish like our 2010 LSU game.

They had to depend on Bama's OC losing his mind and not running the ball from the 6 yard line with 4 downs to win.

They deserved the win, but it wasn't like they controlled the game from start to finish.

Promising new head coaches
A QB battle entering the season
Tough schedules
Expectations varied from about 5-7 to 7-5

A&M shocked the college football world last year. Not saying this will happen, but is it possible the Vols could do the same thing?
I have felt the same. If Dooley were still the HC, I'd feel much differently. But CBJ comes into the job with the same chops as Sumlin (who I always felt would've been the no-brainer hire instead of Dooley), and even a somewhat similar style of offense (up-tempo, spread).

I'm not trying to make any predictions...REALITY isn't having a doom and gloom perspective....it's taking a "wait and see" approach. Nevertheless, I do expect that this team will surprise everyone...including all the jaded, "defeated before we start" NegaVols.

VN Store

Back