Tennessee flips 4-star TE from Oregon

UT up to a Top 5 class in 247

Crazy stretch of recruiting rn. GBO!
On3 has us 7th in the country and 4th in the SEC. This is about where we need to be consistently year in and year out to compete, top 5 in the SEC and top 10 in the country. Ill admit, I was getting concerned with this class but if we do this every year, maintain player retention, and develop players like we should, we can beat anybody in the country.

and many people (including me) wondered if Heupel could recruit in the SEC,

now if we can bring in that big OL recruit this class will be complete.

At this rate, we might end up with #1 class especially if we get Sanders, Jr!💪
Could go either way depending on the service. Most of these guys were beating out teams like Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon for. One lineman Tenn beat out Georgia and Bama for and he’s a three star guy. A lot of our guys are like that they could see a huge bump or a little bump down but the main takeaway is you’re competing and winning against powerhouse recruiters.

Could go either way depending on the service. Most of these guys were beating out teams like Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon for. One lineman Tenn beat out Georgia and Bama for and he’s a three star guy. A lot of our guys are like that they could see a huge bump or a little bump down but the main takeaway is you’re competing and winning against powerhouse recruiters.

We have too many 3* commits and zero 5*'s to finish with the #1 class. Our team power rating is 91.238. By comparison, Ohio State has three 5 star players and a power rating of 94.058. Even with David Sanders we can't make up that much of a deficit. Alabama has four 5* commitments and a power ranking of 93.985. They will probably wind up #1 when it's all said and done and Ohio State #2.

Like I said, top 5 in the SEC and top 10 in the country is still a great class and about where we should expect to finish year in and year out

Last edited:

VN Store

Back